Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone assist please as my blind spot monitoring does work ie it flashes when a vehicle is in the blind spot, but this does not happen everytime a vehicle enters the blind spot. Can anyone provide an explanation please

·
Registered
436 Posts
Can anyone assist please as my blind spot monitoring does work ie it flashes when a vehicle is in the blind spot, but this does not happen everytime a vehicle enters the blind spot. Can anyone provide an explanation please
I'd like to know this too - I think mine has beeped at me once since I got it, and that was on the first day!

I occasionally get some weird "no overtaking" type warning when somebody decides to whizz past me quite close, but other than that nothing.

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,881 Posts
Sounds like it's the same ropey effort as on the PSA cars. Normally they have an orange light in the door mirror that comes on when a vehicle is in a blind spot. If you start steering toward it then they usually make a big noise or yank the wheel off you.

A lot of the systems seem to just be vaguely aware there is a car along side as long as it is behaving in a certain way. Some like the Leaf has a much better system which seems to actually realise when vehicles are actually in an actual blind spot where you can't see them. To me if it can't notice vehicles in an actual blind spot it's dangerous and useless. Rear passenger side blind spot seems to be the weak point which is annoying as this is harder to see due to mirror blind spot and C Pillar location in a smaller car.

It's worth reading the user manual. If it mutters more about protecting the side of the car then you've got one that tells you a car is alongside when you can usually already see it so it really shouldn't be called blind spot protection.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds like it's the same ropey effort as on the PSA cars. Normally they have an orange light in the door mirror that comes on when a vehicle is in a blind spot. If you start steering toward it then they usually make a big noise or yank the wheel off you.

A lot of the systems seem to just be vaguely aware there is a car along side as long as it is behaving in a certain way. Some like the Leaf has a much better system which seems to actually realise when vehicles are actually in an actual blind spot where you can't see them. To me if it can't notice vehicles in an actual blind spot it's dangerous and useless. Rear passenger side blind spot seems to be the weak point which is annoying as this is harder to see due to mirror blind spot and C Pillar location in a smaller car.

It's worth reading the user manual. If it mutters more about protecting the side of the car then you've got one that tells you a car is alongside when you can usually already see it so it really shouldn't be called blind spot protection.
Thank you for your response, will see if the manual can shed any light

1 - 4 of 4 Posts