Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We played some music from the hard disk today and every now and then there was a blip, a very brief interruption, in the playback. No pattern to it. Just did it now and then.

Anyone else have this?

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
First off, this could be codec or bitrate related, Do you get the same problem with the same files playing from USB stick rather than the hard drive? if so, then there is unlikely to be a hardware problem with the drive.

Also thinking that if you ripped disks to the HD were they clean and scratch free? could the HD recording be damaged by interference during ripping process? do the blips occur in the same place in a track when replaying?

I've not noticed any problems with 128k MP3's copied from USB to the Hard drive, Or with Discs ripped to the Hard Drive (unknown bitrate).

Do you know what type of files were you playing, What bitrate they were and how did you transfer them to the drive?

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are mp3 files ripped from CD on the PC then transferred to the car HD via USB stick. CD was new and totally undamaged and plays fine on both PC and hifi.

Bit rate is 128k. I don't play directly from USB stick so I don't know if it happens with that but I will do a test sometime.

Thanks

·
Registered
397 Posts
I have played from the HD for a couple of hours on a long journey and not noticed any such blips - but I will keep an ear out in future

·
Registered
32 Posts
I experienced the same behaviour and its really annoying. I have noticed that when it occurs the TP indicator comes on or goes off which may be nothing more than coincidence, as I've only been looking at the display a few times at the correct moment. It does not appear to be related to encoding.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts