Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan Leaf 24 2014
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noob question here - if I just use the blowers in the Leaf, does that take from the on-board 12V or the main battery pack as if it's the aircon running? That is, I have the aircon 'off' but run the blowers.

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
2,893 Posts
Noob question here - if I just use the blowers in the Leaf, does that take from the on-board 12V or the main battery pack as if it's the aircon running? That is, I have the aircon 'off' but run the blowers.
The fan is 12v so runs off the 12v battery.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Both.

The blowers run from 12v, and the 12v system is recharged from the main pack while the car is running.

End of the day everything comes from the main battery. However a fan uses a very small amount of power compared with traction motor, so you'd simply never notice the energy used by the blower.

·
Registered
Nissan Leaf 24 2014
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Both.

The blowers run from 12v, and the 12v system is recharged from the main pack while the car is running.

End of the day everything comes from the main battery. However a fan uses a very small amount of power compared with traction motor, so you'd simply never notice the energy used by the blower.
That's grand - thank you both.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts