Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand that pre 2020 M3s had two adapters included in the UMC goody bag, a 3-pin plug adapter and a 16A blue commando adapter. However, the later cars, mine included, only has the 3-pin plug adapter included and I’m struggling to find a SC with stock to buy one.

Does anyone with the older kit want rid of their blue adapter and, if so, at what price? DM me if you have one.

·
Registered
Tesla Model 3 LR AWD
189 Posts
Hi, I used a company called Xavalec for all my EU cabling for my gen 2 UMC, and ordered the actual umc connector directly from Tesla, Xavalec have good info about part numbers and things.

I’m not associated in any way, but they solved my problem.

Alan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
I understand that pre 2020 M3s had two adapters included in the UMC goody bag, a 3-pin plug adapter and a 16A blue commando adapter. However, the later cars, mine included, only has the 3-pin plug adapter included and I’m struggling to find a SC with stock to buy one.

Does anyone with the older kit want rid of their blue adapter and, if so, at what price? DM me if you have one.
Speak to Martin at EvBitz and he will know how to solve your problem. He is a Tesla owner too.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
The Gen 1 connector is different to the Gen 2 so you can't use a Gen 1 plug on a Gen 2 UMC.

The Gen 1 UMC also came with a 32A commando socket, the UMC 2 when it shipped with one, had a 16A or you can get a 32A - they're different size connectors. Check which size you need as the sockets can vary, caravan sites etc typically use the 16A socket.

If Tesla don't have them in stock then ebay, no other retailer will sell them officially.

I'm not sure why Xavelec is mentioned, nothing to do with this particular problem and his kit used to require the 3 phase connector which a UMC 2 doesn't support. For EU charging, just buy a UK 13A extension cable and a schuko plug like this one for As-Schwabe 60410 Schuko rubber plug, black, double shock proof, IP44: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools, total cost about £25, but I doubt many of us will be needing this for a while.

·
Registered
Tesla Model 3 LR AWD
189 Posts
Ah maybe I did get the wrong end of the stick.

But the 16A Tesla smart adapter was available next day from Tesla by emailing orderpartsuk at Tesla.com (connects directly to the UMC gen 2 by unplugging the 3 pin plug section).

The part number was 1104947-00-A - the same size as for the caravan sites.

I ordered end of March and it arrived the next day so was readily available.

Alan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah maybe I did get the wrong end of the stick.

But the 16A Tesla smart adapter was available next day from Tesla by emailing orderpartsuk at Tesla.com (connects directly to the UMC gen 2 by unplugging the 3 pin plug section).

The part number was 1104947-00-A - the same size as for the caravan sites.

I ordered end of March and it arrived the next day so was readily available.

Alan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi Alan,

Correct end of the stick, thanks for the tip, will email them today.

John

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Alan,

Correct end of the stick, thanks for the tip, will email them today.

John
For anyone interested, dispatched the same day and cost £39.99 incl delivery from Tesla West Drayton

1 - 7 of 7 Posts