Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure this is not just my local chargers in Isleworth but blue city cars have been parked on the source London charger points for over a week without moving.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Yes Source London are owned by Blue City cars. I think that's why they bought them off TFL (thanks Boris another masterstroke). People using Blue City cars have to leave them at a Souce London Charger. So not only are they allowed to block a charger but they have to.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Source london has not been for charging cars since Bollore took it over years ago and put the prices up to discourage usage, this gives them parking spaces onstreet for their hire cars in central London.
Unwanted units were just left to rot in carparks needing an old RFID card to sometimes operate.
Clever really and TFL did not see it coming???

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A few months ago when I saw 3 new charging points going in on a local street I thought great a local charging point (don’t have off street parking) but to find they are just blue city parking places is such a waste and travesty

·
Registered
137 Posts
Last time Source London said anything about this, they said that BlueCity cars have no more preferential terms than any other Source London customer. I have actually seen a parking ticket on a BlueCity car that was parked in a charging bay with a maximum stay of 4 hours. If you think about it, BMW DriveNow has to pay full rate to Source London for memberships for all their i3s, and has to pay the usual per-minute charges.

Of course, I don't believe a word of it. I bet that the BlueCar operation doesn't actually pay full rate to Source London for leaving their slow-charging cars blocking a Source London chargepoint for days on end.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Last time Source London said anything about this, they said that BlueCity cars have no more preferential terms than any other Source London customer. I have actually seen a parking ticket on a BlueCity car that was parked in a charging bay with a maximum stay of 4 hours. If you think about it, BMW DriveNow has to pay full rate to Source London for memberships for all their i3s, and has to pay the usual per-minute charges.

Of course, I don't believe a word of it. I bet that the BlueCar operation doesn't actually pay full rate to Source London for leaving their slow-charging cars blocking a Source London chargepoint for days on end.
As they are both owned by Bollore it has me wondering if there is some kind of tax incentive to them charging their own business for time on charger. Fact is, as a car club, if nobody wants to use the car it sits there hooked up for days.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
David M
Speak EV - Electric Car Forums
A community for enthusiasts of all makes and models of EV from BMW to Tesla, Renault, Nissan, Mitsubishi and more. Join the electrifying discussion today!
Full Forum Listing