Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our LEAF is 13 months old and covered 10k miles. I always hand wash it (woollen mitt, the whole thing), and when I gave it a scrub up after returning from our week away I noticed the blue is starting to flake off the rear Nissan boot badge to reveal the silver underneath.

That seems quite poor, and while it's small now it's one of those things I can only see becoming worse over time.

Has anyone else experienced this, did your local friendly LEAF dealer sort it without too much hassle?

2014-08-13 08.59.27.jpg

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
my charge port badge is also suffering with the same issue (and it looks far worse than yours!).

I suppose I would be bothered if I actually 'owned' the car.... but as it is, I just ignore it.

·
Super Moderator
7,460 Posts
Yes I think it was evmeerkat complained about this on twitter, Nissan sent him a new badge.

Reactions: Paul

·
Registered
145 Posts
This also happened to my front badge. I posted a photo of it in another thread. That photo was in March, so the car was four months old then. Nissan replaced the badge under warranty but the same thing is now happening to the new one, although it's not yet as bad as the first one. I haven't bothered to do anything about it. I probably will when the first service is due in December.

Trying to put lacquer on top of a shiny chrome finish is clearly not a good idea.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I had mine replaced under warranty fault appeared at less then 11 months old. However my local Nissan dealer isn't an EV dealer and they could not do the work and I was expected to travel over 40 miles round trip to get it fixed at an EV authorised dealer...... It's a badge.... Sheesh...

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Zoe has the same issue..several of us have had the badge replaced under warranty....had mine done the same time I took up the offer of the darker dash replacement..

·
Registered
68 Posts
I've had two badges on the front of my Leaf, Blue flaking off, current one is worse than the one it replaced, but I've given up now :(

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I've had two badges on the front of my Leaf, Blue flaking off, current one is worse than the one it replaced, but I've given up now :(
yep...if it goes again,I won't bother,just let it go to chrome..it's just they made the offer to replace it,so went with it..

·
Registered
68 Posts
Not sure what they did in the production process, but they have put the blue on top of Chrome and it will probably always peel, may get mine replaced just before I trade it in ;-)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts