1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Kona64
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do I need
  • the vehicle reg number or vin ?
  • to be sat actually in the car, with the ignition on to either type something in to the car or read the mileage to enter on the phone app ?
Just wondering if I can do anything before I pick it up, or, if it is best waited to I have safely driven it home and parked up. Then I download the app and I guess follow what it says to do ?

I suspect the dealer won't offer to help me do it, or will I be nicely surprised that it's part of the handover ??

·
Registered
1 Posts
You need the VIN and also to be in the car to link them both, well thats what I did when I set it up last week, (The app sends a code to the car that you need to enter) Happy to hear if it can be done another way though, thats just how I set mine up.

·
Registered
Kona64
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thankyou , I shall report here how it goes.

·
Registered
Kona64
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll report here on the eve of the 13th !

Reactions: Veeoh

·
Registered
Kona64
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So --- I registered an account on the app before I went to pick the car up
Then at the dealer we found the in car menu item to start a link
On the phone app we had to enter the VIN -- the dealer handover chap read it out from the windscreen display
It gave a confirm code on the car display which I typed in to the phone app
Bob's your Uncle
Took a refresh stop/start of the app but then the phone app showed the same battery % as the car. ( and that the boot wasn't shut !! )

Handover chap reckons we set a new dealership time record
Anyone who has battled with the VW one will want to kill me (no I didn't have to enter KM as miles or phaff like that!)

The one thing that got me a bit is the app screen says CHARGING and then if it's not plugged in it says under that Not Plugged In. You should read it as Charging Status.
I thought I'd got one of the those clever self doing ones Toyota are flogging//////

1 - 6 of 6 Posts