Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I don't use the app very much but from the driveway and not having the car keys on me I thought I would use the app to unlock the car to remove the charge cable. But all the car does is flash the indicators and that's it? It used to work before.
Later I unlocked the car with the keys remote and I was able lock the car via the app? I restarted the app too.
All very odd. Anyone else had this issue? Thanks

Luke

·
Registered
557 Posts
Hi, I don't use the app very much but from the driveway and not having the car keys on me I thought I would use the app to unlock the car to remove the charge cable. But all the car does is flash the indicators and that's it? It used to work before.
Later I unlocked the car with the keys remote and I was able lock the car via the app? I restarted the app too.
All very odd. Anyone else had this issue? Thanks

Luke
Was it the boot you tried to open? Or the doors?

In the UK at least, I think the rule is you can only unlock with the app if you locked with the app.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I though you could only unlock/lock the car in general, I don't think you can just unlock the boot.

Saying that though, I'm also unable to unlock the boot with the key remote. Double press, hold etc, none of it works. Very odd. I would prefer that button to pop open the charge flap, instead of having to go to the drivers side, I seem to do a lot of back and forth walking.

·
Registered
204 Posts
As Bodgerx says you can only unlock the car with Bluelink if you locked the car with Bluelink in the UK
Using the unlock on the remote does apparently unlock the boot but it does not pop it open. To test it you would have to stand far enough away from the car, so that the keyless entry does not interfere put the fob on the ground and walk up and open the boot. Not sure what the time out is for it to relock. Alternatively have someone stand next to the boot without a key and press the remote from a distance as before.
Haven't got mine back from the body shop so can't test it.
From a distance unlock the boot and go to the status page of the Bluelink app do a refresh and see if it says boot unlocked.

·
Registered
557 Posts
It's not completely pointless, you might want to just unlock the boot whilst keeping the passengers imprisoned :)

There is also a scenario where the car keeps the boot locked, and the most convenient way is with the fob. I can't remember the exact scenario (but my wife has stumbled on it) but it is something like getting out of the car whilst it's on, ready to drive (green back and forth icon). Doors then unlock as you get out, but boot stays locked. Something like that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts