Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just managed to get Bluelink working. It was a bit of a faff and involved a freephone call to Hyundai Support, but they were very nice and within 10 minutes i was up and running (literally). I had to keep going between the wifi in the house to send the VIN, to the car to get the activation code, and back to the house to send it to the server. Once I'd worked that out, it all booted up nicely. :)

·
Registered
515 Posts
Another one to add to the list of "it's not on my car" Congratulations Gadget enjoy battery motoring

·
Registered
Kona PremSe64k 2020+bluelink +ohme
464 Posts
Our dealer has offered to set blulink up when we collect our car. I bit his hand off at the idea. Yes please.

I mean I'm a techie so no problem, but my son messed up his zoe app connection by magically creating two accounts. I'd rather get it right first time. Especially as my new granddaughter is due towards the end of the month and we're on for support to look after our grandson at a moments notice.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I haven't even gotten my car yet and I've already screwed it up. Somehow it seems like I have a Schrödingers account. When i try to log in, it can't be found. But when I try to create a new account, it already exists. And I can't reset the password.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I haven't even gotten my car yet and I've already screwed it up. Somehow it seems like I have a Schrödingers account. When i try to log in, it can't be found. But when I try to create a new account, it already exists. And I can't reset the password.
This is what I'm talking about. Sounds simple on the outside. But I wouldn't be surprised if even my dealer messes it up.

·
Registered
464 Posts
This is what I'm talking about. Sounds simple on the outside. But I wouldn't be surprised if even my dealer messes it up.

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Kona Premium SE 64kWh, Ceramic Blue
75 Posts
Painless for me, followed the link provided (was it in the manual or from the car infotainment screen can't remember) and it just worked. Very useful when it told me that I had forgotten to lock the car - I had just got into bed, told the app to lock the car. It did. Also useful to confirm that the car, on charge, is actually still charging. Not a great app, but a good start, I'd like to think that Hyundai update and re-design it as a global car app, but as there appear to be several different versions on the Android store, it all seems a bit messy.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Painless for me, followed the link provided (was it in the manual or from the car infotainment screen can't remember) and it just worked. Very useful when it told me that I had forgotten to lock the car - I had just got into bed, told the app to lock the car. It did. Also useful to confirm that the car, on charge, is actually still charging. Not a great app, but a good start, I'd like to think that Hyundai update and re-design it as a global car app, but as there appear to be several different versions on the Android store, it all seems a bit messy.
Just locked the car remotely myself. My problem was I hadn't activated the roaming data on my phone so it was using the wifi to contact the server. Once I'd realised that it all installed ok.

I quite like the app. It gives me all the information I want and allows me to remote start things without being overly complicated. :)

P.S. One thing I've noticed is the map when the app starts up. I'm presuming you can use that as a tracker if someone tries to steal the car, or you can find the car in a massive car park.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts