Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Kona PremSe64k 2020+bluelink +ohme
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started having problems with my Ohme app (which needs the same logon as the Bluelink app) a week or even a couple of weeks ago. Certainly after the visit to the dealership for the battery recall I could not get the Ohme app to work properly. I now suspect the whole issue was caused by a Bluelink update.

So I solved this by updating my Bluelink password. Actually in the process I was almost forced to create a new account! So right now I'm not sure what I have done, except it is all working now. What I mean by working is that I can both login and use to the Bluelink app and also do the same with Ohme app reading SOC properly, which means it is easy to charge.

If anyone knows what is going on here or has had similar issues (or there is another thread on this subject) please reply etc.

·
Registered
Hyundai Kona Premium SE in Galactic Grey
230 Posts
I too had a strange experience with the Bluelink app - I clicked on it a few days ago and it took me to an initial log-in page, but claimed all my log-in details were invalid! After numerous failed attempts I tried to reset my password, but to no avail as it claimed I was not registered on the system! So, my next step was to attempt to create a new account, but that stalled as it said my email address was already registered! By now I was well confused. In desperation, today, after several days of failed attempts, I logged on to myhyundai on the desktop - result. I went into my account and changed the password, then tried the app on the phone and it worked!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’ve recently purchased an Ohme cable and it doesn’t recognise my login details for my Bluelink app to get the initial state of charge from the car. There was a new update to the Ohme app the day after I got the cable and this didn’t resolve it.
Have also tried a password and pin reset with bluelink and had to re-register for a new Hyundai login account. Deleting and logging out of both apps didn’t resolve either.
I have raised it with the Ohme technical support and they are going to look at it but it’s going to take a while with it being Christmas an all.
I expect something somewhere within their code needs to be updated if Hyundai have changed something their side.
If anyone has come up with a fix would be good to hear.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the Hyundai Kona Electric 2021 and also the Ohme 32A Commando.
I managed to get the cable connected to bluelink pretty easily.
After a bit of contemplation I promptly changed the password and pin because I was thinking that I've just given out the password and pin that a nefarious person could use to locate and gain access to my car.
Surely the API should be given a different set of credentials with limited access?

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
You should have had an email from Hyundai, the old Bluelink logins will stop working from 1st June so you need to have migrated to a new Hyundai account before then.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Good point. I'll give it a try tomorrow.
I hope that sorts it.

My car stopped communicating with the app not long after I got it (on the factory software). Resetting the head unit brought it back online.

If that doesn't do it, have you got another app that interrogates the car? On another occasion when the car wasn't responding, I tried the Ohme app to see if that was getting through. That seemed to kickstart the communication again (which is when I discovered the troublesome relationship between the Ohme app and BlueLink, mentioned in this post.)

·
Registered
869 Posts
I reset the head unit . . . no change.
Logged out of Bluelink and logged back in again . . . no change.
Tried Hyundai Live chargers and parking . . . "Reception of data is delayed. Please try again later".

I'm thinking the modem is knackered in the car. Contacted Hyundai, now waiting for a response.

·
Registered
362 Posts
The only other thing to try is to disconnected the 12v negative terminal for a few minutes to reset the car. Probably lose your radio presets.

·
Registered
2020 Ioniq 38 2016 Leaf 30 gone
159 Posts
Nothing to do with Ohme but I had a similar problem in my Leaf a few years back, for no apparent reason not being able to check on the car’s status, I tried everything I knew at the time.
As I had only bought the car a few weeks prior I called Nissan and booked it in, luckily the EV technician was in that day, they told me to bring it in now and he’ll have a look at it. I had the week off from work so took it, the technician removed and replaced a fuse (probably from the modem) should be ok now give it 30 minutes and try it again he said.
I noticed on the head unit it was updating local chargers so knew the car was connecting again, I let it do its thing drove home and later was able to log in and get the cars status again.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Nothing to do with Ohme but I had a similar problem in my Leaf a few years back, for no apparent reason not being able to check on the car’s status, I tried everything I knew at the time.
As I had only bought the car a few weeks prior I called Nissan and booked it in, luckily the EV technician was in that day, they told me to bring it in now and he’ll have a look at it. I had the week off from work so took it, the technician removed and replaced a fuse (probably from the modem) should be ok now give it 30 minutes and try it again he said.
I noticed on the head unit it was updating local chargers so knew the car was connecting again, I let it do its thing drove home and later was able to log in and get the cars status again.
I was wondering if it was a fuse. A modem fuse isn't listed as an item in the manual so I'm guessing it's going to be in the modem itself. I've contacted my local dealer and am waiting for a reply.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts