Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Kona PremSe64k 2020+bluelink +ohme
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so when collecting our new kona I accepted the dealership offer to set up bluelink. It didn't go well.

After our sales person eventually gave up, an engineer took the car for a drive to try to solve the problem. He pried with a screwdriver behind the infotainment screen. Nothing worked.

So I booked the car in for next week for them to investigate further. Not a big problem, living without bluelink for a few days is hardly the end of the world.

The error was "server not available at this time" and in the top rhs was a red symbol showing a lack of connection. Nothing it seems would enable a connection to the mobile phone.

Clever me solved the problem quickly at home. I simply connected the phone over usb and everything clicked into place.

·
Registered
2020, Hyundai, Kona Premium SE
6 Posts
I did a search both on google and specifically on this forum about this issue. I turned up no useful results.
I'm having a very similar sounding issue. I have had the phone connected to the car over USB already. What other steps if any did you take?

·
Registered
2020, Hyundai, Kona Premium SE
6 Posts
Thanks. Despite being very nice on the phone they still couldn't help back to the dealer to wait for them to learn how to do it. Support asked me to try 5 rests on the unit.

I'm thinking they have not activated the SIM some how. As there is no signal indicator on the screen and I get the following message.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts