Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the Ampera allows you to stream bluetooth audio from an iPhone ?

With the Prius (I've had one for 3yrs now) I can jump in the car, it automatically connects the bluetooth and starts playing the podcast/audiobook at the point that I stopped listening. It sounds petty, but commuting can be such a soul destroying experience, that little things like that make all the difference.

Am I right in saying there's no sign of a 7-digit SatNav on the horizon ? Again, this is one of the key features I've liked, even when compared to high-end Mercs that don't have it.

If I could get those features I'd certainly consider jumping from the Prius to an Ampera, rather than going for the Prius Plug-In

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum :)

No, the Ampera does not have Bluetooth audio. Something we all agree it should have.

See here for more discussion about it... http://www.amperaownersclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=149&p=790&hilit=bluetooth#p487

You are right again... no 7 digit satnav yet. I am hoping they will add this in a future software update but as of yet there is no sign of them doing it.

See more on this topic here... http://www.amperaownersclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=156&hilit=postcodes#p528

I have to say that your priorities are quite different from mine. I bought the Ampera for the freedom to run the car on electricity only for up to about 50 miles as well as having the option to drive further with reasonable economy. I can see that the issues you raise might be important to some extent but at the end of the day they are small issues when compared to the huge benefits of owning an Ampera over a Prius.

Would these issues you raise really prevent you from buying an Ampera?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Paul Churchley said:
I have to say that your priorities are quite different from mine. I bought the Ampera for the freedom to run the car on electricity only for up to about 50 miles as well as having the option to drive further with reasonable economy. I can see that the issues you raise might be important to some extent but at the end of the day they are small issues when compared to the huge benefits of owning an Ampera over a Prius.
The idea of commuting daily 100% on electricity is HUGELY appealing, that's why it's on my radar. However I'd have to commute for 50 miles a day for 4yrs to recover the extra £10k over the Prius.. and it'd be a shame to pay out all that extra (up front) to lose a whole load of convenience features on the way.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Point taken ;)

For us it wasn't about the money but I do understand that some things that aren't so important to me might be to you.

What is great is that you are at least considering the Ampera. Don't forget though that there is a chance, though perhaps a slim one I do agree, that those issues will be fixed in later software updates but I wouldn't expect anyone would buy on the strength of that as it may never happen.

Thanks for explaining. :)

·
Registered
387 Posts
Paul,

There is a suggestion that Ampera may be used for some fleets. I hat to think what the salesman would think of the sat nav that did not get them to the right location. So that for one in this instance would be very high on the list. However having said that would a fleet buy the top of the range? Swings/roundabouts.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Good point Ray. I hadn't thought of fleet or even business users whou would expect/need satnav that works for all addresses ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
When I'm using my iPhone (Waze) for navigation sometimes the sound comes via the Ampera radio spaekers and at other times not, just from the IPhone. I'm not consious of doing anything different to make the changes. The phone is paired for calls with the car to automatically connect whenver I'm in it. Any ideas how to make the directions always come over the Ampera radio as its easier to hear than just from the iPhone?

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Hi Richard..and welcome. Be aware it's frowned upon to post the same question multiple times in different threads. Be patient, somebody normally comes along same day with an answer ;)

Reactions: Lee Dalton
1 - 9 of 9 Posts