Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a rather strange issue with the bluetooth on my car. It will connect to my phone fine (Motorola Moto G) and will ring as it should on an incoming call - but the answer or decline button does nothing when pressed. The phone can be answered on the handset and it will use the speakers and all fine, pretty much everything works as it should but the answer button (steering wheel or touchscreen) does nothing. Tried an Alcatel phone and it worked fine. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
There are some inconsistencies with the Bluetooth implementation in some android devices. It seems to be a common problem for a whole bath of them.
I don't recall seeing a workaround yet, other than changing phones !

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Indeed...my last car would read my iPhone's contact list. When I got a S3 it wouldn't! Took it to Renault and they couldn't find a fault. Strangely it would read the contacts list of the engineers Samsung Galaxy phone.

Just put it down to software niggles....

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
I think its one of he downsides to android, as each manufacturer can implement the software differently , which causes all manner of niggly issues like this....

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Exactly Lee...and the very reason I'd like to go back to iOS.

Reactions: Lee Dalton

·
Registered
94 Posts
Have exactly the same problem with my Sony Xperia T....it got got worse when i upgraded the firmware on it, that was when i used it with my old insignia
It seems quieter too
Ihave looked for a fix but nothing, one suggestion was the rsap program...no go

Contract up in august so i can then chose a phone that will work.......dont really want to go with the dreaded IOS lol

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
got a work around for this issue if anyone else needs it - downloaded Answer The Phone Free App which auto answers after so many seconds. It worked. OK it's not ideal but I can now receive calls hands free at least. The paid version also allows it to work while the phone's asleep, locked etc and can automatically start/stop the app when connected/disconnected to a headset (which it sees the Ampera as). so with the paid version my phone now operates as normal and will auto answer when it rings in the car. Not ideal but not bad either.

·
Premium Member
1,119 Posts
Mine wouldn't work when I had Nexus 4. It all works now I have HTC Mini One. Agree the car's software can't cope with all the different versions of Android including the handset manufacturer's tweaks. The one thing that doesn't work on mine is downloading the phone book. Also I have the continuing fault mentioned elsewhere of the bluetooth randomly switching off and then on again during every call. Hey Ho!

·
Ampera aka IGOR
Tesla Model 3 P
3,662 Posts
From another thread on here I downloaded 'Bluetooth Phonebook' for Android, I have the HTC One which worked fine up until a phone upgrade around January this year. The free version allows you to check it works but will replace one digit of the number. Since I bought it I have had no problems whatsoever. When I was using the trial I wondered why the incoming and outgoing lists were only numbers and did not include names, but this was due to the number not matching up with any names in the book and now with the full paid version all works as expected.

·
Registered
330 Posts
From another thread on here I downloaded 'Bluetooth Phonebook' for Android, I have the HTC One which worked fine up until a phone upgrade around January this year. The free version allows you to check it works but will replace one digit of the number. Since I bought it I have had no problems whatsoever. When I was using the trial I wondered why the incoming and outgoing lists were only numbers and did not include names, but this was due to the number not matching up with any names in the book and now with the full paid version all works as expected.
Is this the same problem? My original thread and the op here says it does read the phonebook and display names OK but making and receiving calls must be initiated from the handset. Was your problem that it wouldn't read the phonebook at all?

·
Registered
406 Posts
@derekb, @h8ten Interesting... when my phone (an HTC One) connected via bluetooth when I went to the phone book on the car I was told it was empty. No amount of fiddling with either phone or car fixed the issue. I installed the "Bluetooth Phonebook" App ran it, connected to the car, and the phonebook transferred OK. Just to play devils advocate I then uninstalled the App and would you believe it the phonebook still works. So looks like something on the phone had it's knickers in a twist. Still seems to be working OK - time will tell.

·
Ampera aka IGOR
Tesla Model 3 P
3,662 Posts
Just before I bought the app I ended up getting that 'No Phone Book Available' message more often than not. Since getting the app no problem. I wish I had tried this after trying the demo version as that might have sorted it too. I suppose it is too late to ask for a refund!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts