·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came back off my hollybobs and the Zoe now won’t stay connected to my iphone

never had issues before

it won’t auto pair

when I press the phone button on the screen it pairs fine

then after a min or so it’s quickly flashes Bluetooth disconnected then instantly Bluetooth connected but won’t pair again unless I press the phone button

thoughts?

JJ

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
Someone else had exactly the same problem recently. Think there's an issue with one of the iOS 13 updates that causes a problem. Are you on the very latest iOS 13?

Updating the rlink and doing a factory reset if it's still wonky is worth a go.

·
Vendor
1,573 Posts
Have you tried deleting the phone out of the RLink and forgetting the RLink on your phone and trying to pair from scratch

·
Registered
810 Posts
It was me that was having bluetooth connection issues recently.. After being told it must be that I'd dropped my phone etc., despite it working fine everywhere else, I discovered that the only way to keep a stable connection to the Zoe now I'm on iOS13.3 is to not allow it to share contact data. If the contacts are shared, it constantly drops and reconnects, even if I just share favourites with around 20 people listed. It does mean I can stream music and podcasts, but also means I've no idea who's calling me now..

Mike

·
Registered
810 Posts
Have you tried deleting the phone out of the RLink and forgetting the RLink on your phone and trying to pair from scratch
I tried doing all that Will. It's a right pain - there's some issue with iOS 13.3 and contact uploading causing connection drops. Not on all phones either. My wife has exactly the same phone as me and has no problems. My phone works fine with every other bluetooth device.

·
Vendor
1,573 Posts
I tried doing all that Will. It's a right pain - there's some issue with iOS 13.3 and contact uploading causing connection drops. Not on all phones either. My wife has exactly the same phone as me and has no problems. My phone works fine with every other bluetooth device.
I noticed 13.3.1 has come out over night, has that fixed anything?

·
Registered
810 Posts
Ooh, I’ve not been offered that one yet and my phone says it’s up to date. Will check again over next few days and see if it sorts the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah it’s defo the phone

I paired an fire tablet and it worked perfectly

tried full reset and unpaired and repaired

I’ll keep an eye out for iOS updates and in the mean time try not sharing contacts

JJ

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It was me that was having bluetooth connection issues recently.. After being told it must be that I'd dropped my phone etc., despite it working fine everywhere else, I discovered that the only way to keep a stable connection to the Zoe now I'm on iOS13.3 is to not allow it to share contact data. If the contacts are shared, it constantly drops and reconnects, even if I just share favourites with around 20 people listed. It does mean I can stream music and podcasts, but also means I've no idea who's calling me now..

Mike
this worked for me - thanks mike

dunno what changed over Xmas but hey ho

JJ

1 - 12 of 12 Posts