Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving at 5am in the rain my sat nav screen all blurred in the centre thought it was my eyesight looks like condensation i nearly always have ac n heat on it a 2019 tenka 40kw is this a common fault ???

·
Registered
229 Posts
Not a problem with your eyes, my late 2018 does it too under certain conditions. Had it last Saturday, little irregular circled of slight fuzziness in the centre of the screen, while the edges stay sharp. It clears eventually and occurs rarely so not overly bothered by it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Driving at 5am in the rain my sat nav screen all blurred in the centre thought it was my eyesight looks like condensation i nearly always have ac n heat on it a 2019 tenka 40kw is this a common fault ???
I've had this problem too. About a year ago a large part of the centre of the screen became blurred, and when I turned the car off the screen had turned grey in the area that was blurred. The next day it was still a problem, although the grey/blurry area had shrunk a little bit. The day after that it was back to normal. It also happened a couple of weeks ago, but it cleared itself more quickly this time. I've no idea what the cause is, although on both occasions it's happened in coldish weather - but that might just be a coincidence.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Have also had this issue a couple of times, but after a while it clears. Assume that this must be down to the cold ambient temperature, but certainly rather annoying!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Also had this issue a couple of weeks ago, shortly after we'd bought the car. Thought for a minute the touchscreen had been damaged through heavy use. Then the mist disappeared. Odd, as it would suggest the screen is somehow connected to a supply of colder air.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts