Registered
891 Posts
£6k deposit :sick:

Reactions: Lee Dalton

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I still think lease is better on the i3 at the moment - although if you are the sort of person who buys a car and keeps it for 5 or 6 years (or more) then purchase is still going to be best.

On the BMW site you can tweak the deposit, £2500 deposit, and £421 a month on a 2 year PCP, or £387 on 36 months.

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,086 Posts
Still terrible. They're having a laugh with the pay another £14k to keep it.

EVs aren't cost effective to buy new and keep. Pch kicks it into the hedge. I'd think you could do 2 lots of 3 year pch for less money. You wouldn't be stuck with an out of warranty EV either which could easily throw some killer repair costs.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
They certainly don't look very attractive deals, but it's simply maths really, given that it's 0%.
Ultimately, the high purchase price dictates that any personal finance is going to be expensive.
Meanwhile, the lease costs are comparatively low, but who knows how long that will last.

·
EV Newbie
28 Posts
Just on this, there is a further £2k deposit contribution for the next 3 days. Only applies to cars delivered this year, so will have to look at picking up a stock car

·
EV Newbie
28 Posts
I was told that when I placed an order last week for a base model BEV. But once the order was put on the system, it was showing the dealer as being late Dec (after xmas) early Jan. Could have been their allocation, but thats what I was told.

·
Super Moderator
11,802 Posts
Ok. Something must have changed in the last few days.

Last week we were told to expect 6 weeks to 8 weeks but that the most recent orders were taking less than 6 weeks.

That was at Park Lane which is a little different than other dealers. I'm a bit surprised they haven't contacted me about the extra £2k.

·
Premium Member
9,719 Posts
But once the order was put on the system, it was showing the dealer as being late Dec (after xmas) early Jan. Could have been their allocation, but thats what I was told.
Sounds like you've caught an allocation order. 6-8 weeks build to order, its usually slightly quicker but thats the general time scales.

Also new orders are getting held up at Thorne, too many cars have been delivered and theres a backlog for processing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts