Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a BMW 225xe sport and thought I would share my experience to date, I only charge it at home and as. I have solar panels try to charge it when producing energy, it doesn’t always work out but it helps keep charging costs down. I have found a full charge varies from 21 miles to 16 so far depending on the ambient temperature, but as winter approaches the range is less. The car is set to Max Edrive as default mode and pending on my local journeys which tend to be round trips of about 20 mile I can just about do it on all electric, as long as the heating is turned off and gentle on the pedal.
I do regular journeys of 290 miles to Aberdeen and have found if your u set off with a full battery and deplete it on max e drive then swing it over to save mode I can recharge the battery within about 40 -50 mile and swing it back to max e drive again under nail battery depleted. I do this for the full journey and use daily just £33 pound of petrol and according to the app 84 of the 291 miles were driven on total electric whilst returning an impressive 48 mpg overall.
I,m loving the car and find most of the time I drive it very gently, with the odd burst o overtake which I swing it into sport mode move the gearbox to manual and unleash the full 224 bhp which is impressive in a short burst to say the least and plenty to pass most cars swiftly and safely.
Anyone else on here have found more efficient ways to drive them ? I have kept a record of total mpg from new and it’s sat at 53 mpg overall over a mixture of short Andy long journeys over 4000 mile.

·
Registered
47 Posts
We have a 225xe on lease. I quite like it. However we live on top of a big hill in Sheffield. It is 1 mile drive up the hill to our house from any direction. This usually uses 4-6 miles of range. We don't use any electricity going down the hill but no matter how full or empty the battery is we do not gain any range. This hammers us on the range if we use electric to drive back up the hill and has me wanting a lot more EV range.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I recently bought a BMW 225xe sport and thought I would share my experience to date, I only charge it at home and as. I have solar panels try to charge it when producing energy, it doesn’t always work out but it helps keep charging costs down. I have found a full charge varies from 21 miles to 16 so far depending on the ambient temperature, but as winter approaches the range is less. The car is set to Max Edrive as default mode and pending on my local journeys which tend to be round trips of about 20 mile I can just about do it on all electric, as long as the heating is turned off and gentle on the pedal.
I do regular journeys of 290 miles to Aberdeen and have found if your u set off with a full battery and deplete it on max e drive then swing it over to save mode I can recharge the battery within about 40 -50 mile and swing it back to max e drive again under nail battery depleted. I do this for the full journey and use daily just £33 pound of petrol and according to the app 84 of the 291 miles were driven on total electric whilst returning an impressive 48 mpg overall.
I,m loving the car and find most of the time I drive it very gently, with the odd burst o overtake which I swing it into sport mode move the gearbox to manual and unleash the full 224 bhp which is impressive in a short burst to say the least and plenty to pass most cars swiftly and safely.
Anyone else on here have found more efficient ways to drive them ? I have kept a record of total mpg from new and it’s sat at 53 mpg overall over a mixture of short Andy long journeys over 4000 mile.
I tend to use the satnav and put it in echo mode. This combines both engines and works out where best to use the electric alone for maximum efficiency. On a journey to Leeds last week (38miles) I got 87mpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts