Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I’ve just purchased a 69 plate BMW 225xe iPerformance Sport Active Tourer from a dealership. It was originally registered in January 2020 and before I purchased the car I asked to ensure that it was the new 10kWh version; and was told ‘yes’.

I picked up the car last night but would like to somehow verify this. Is there anyway I can check?? Nothing in the documentation confirms the actual battery capacity fitted that I can see.

It’s already driven 5k miles and the indicator suggests the battery range is 25 miles on a full charge. If I consider the outside temp is around 7 degrees this feels ok however I just worry that the garage might have reset the battery efficiency information and that this is actually a fully charged 7.7kWh version that has yet to calculate the real world range!

I’m perhaps being over sceptical but would just like piece of mind before it’s too late and I can’t go back to the dealership. I’ve looked up the co2/kg levels on the tax website (I don’t have the new V5 yet) and it states 42; which I think is within the range of the 10kWh version but it’s hard to find anything conclusive.

Any help or advice on if there is somewhere on the cars itself that I can access and check would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Jamie

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a 69 plate 225xe registered September 2019 with 10kwh battery.
At the moment on a full charge my battery only range is around 25 to 27 miles, driven mostly Max EDrive. So if you have driven and charged your car a few times driving it efficiently as much possible and it's showing 25 miles then I'll say you have the 10kwh battery too.
In the summer months I've achieved 35 miles a few times.
I don't know how to check in the car or v5.

·
2018 Sport Premium with comfort pack
110 Posts
I have the 7.7kwh battery and have never got the range above 19 miles in the winter so would say yours is definitely the 10kwh version.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a 2019 10kwh car, the range over the recent cold weather did not get much over 25 miles; a little warmer now so driving on ecopro with no heating or aircon on meant a range of 29 miles. In the warm of spring and summer, on ecopro with no,aircon you will get 31 miles range showing.

·
Registered
119 Posts
The co2 emissions for the 2nd Gen battery are 52 g/km for the 17 inch, 57 g/km for the 18 in wheels. The 3rd Gen Battery (10 kwh) values are 42 g/km for 17 inch and 44 g/km for the 18 inch wheels.

So check your v5 and see what value it has for emissions.

My 10kwh is currently showing 25 miles of battery range at 100%. In summer it got to 32 miles

1 - 6 of 6 Posts