Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I’ve just purchased a 69 plate BMW 225xe iPerformance Sport Active Tourer from a dealership. It was originally registered in January 2020 and before I purchased the car I asked to ensure that it was the new 10kWh version; and was told ‘yes’.

I picked up the car last night but would like to somehow verify this. Is there anyway I can check?? Nothing in the documentation confirms the actual battery capacity fitted that I can see.

It’s already driven 5k miles and the indicator suggests the battery range is 25 miles on a full charge. If I consider the outside temp is around 7 degrees this feels ok however I just worry that the garage might have reset the battery efficiency information and that this is actually a fully charged 7.7kWh version that has yet to calculate the real world range!

I’m perhaps being over sceptical but would just like piece of mind before it’s too late and I can’t go back to the dealership. I’ve looked up the co2/kg levels on the tax website (I don’t have the new V5 yet) and it states 42; which I think is within the range of the 10kWh version but it’s hard to find anything conclusive.

Any help or advice on if there is somewhere on the cars itself that I can access and check would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Jamie

· Registered
30 Posts
I have a 69 plate 225xe registered September 2019 with 10kwh battery.
At the moment on a full charge my battery only range is around 25 to 27 miles, driven mostly Max EDrive. So if you have driven and charged your car a few times driving it efficiently as much possible and it's showing 25 miles then I'll say you have the 10kwh battery too.
In the summer months I've achieved 35 miles a few times.
I don't know how to check in the car or v5.

· Registered
26 Posts
I have a 2019 10kwh car, the range over the recent cold weather did not get much over 25 miles; a little warmer now so driving on ecopro with no heating or aircon on meant a range of 29 miles. In the warm of spring and summer, on ecopro with no,aircon you will get 31 miles range showing.

· Registered
121 Posts
The co2 emissions for the 2nd Gen battery are 52 g/km for the 17 inch, 57 g/km for the 18 in wheels. The 3rd Gen Battery (10 kwh) values are 42 g/km for 17 inch and 44 g/km for the 18 inch wheels.

So check your v5 and see what value it has for emissions.

My 10kwh is currently showing 25 miles of battery range at 100%. In summer it got to 32 miles

· Registered
16 Posts
Check it in the hidden menu. Press the reset button for 12 seconds and then unlock the hidden options with the sum of the last 5 digits of your VIN. Browse to option "TANK" and then browse to battery. There's an option showing the kWh of your battery., Check this when the battery is fully charged. Normally if you have the 10kWh out should mark something like 8.8kWh max, but more realistically something around 8kWh. Go to YouTube if need help on finding this "hidden menu".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.