Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
BMW 300e 2020 model and Leaf 40kW 2019 model
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I am new on this forum and also new to BMW. Bought a 330e last year, received it at the end of November, so my BMW experience is about 3 months old. It is also my first hybrid. Living in Sweden. That's my short history. Now to the problem and to my question.

Ever since I left the dealer I was pulling my hair because I can't get Connected Drive working properly. I can't see Efficiency data or statistics over my driving and it never ever worked. I had several contacts with BMW Support in Sweden and the replies I received were everything between "do this and do that" (obviously she has no clue but afraid to admit), "It is working with all our cars here." (meaning I am an idiot because I can't get it working), as well as "This function is not supported for your model, been removed due to some problems" (meaning there is a bug in the car or the web app). I opened more than one support case, and it always starts the same way, and also ends the same way, which is "this function has been removed for your car because of some technical problems." which in my world means that there is a bug but they are unable to fix it, or don't care about it.

As you can see, no information at all, and that's after 2600km driving, about 50km today. So my obvious question to those who actually drive a BMW 300e 2020 model, does it work for you? Any idea what can cause my problems? The software is the latest in the car, there is no update to be downloaded now, so that's not it. My car is not M, just an ordinary 330e but with a lot of extras, it has Connected Package Professional and many other things. Everything else seems to work in Connected Drive, so the communication is fine.

I don't know what to do, but in my world this is something very simple and it just should work. I know a lot of people with different type of EV or PHEV and everyone has this simple function except I, which really is annoying. I also know some people with the older model of 330e, and theirs is working as well. Unfortunately, I don't know anyone with the latest model.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like it. I have the F30 model and Connected Dive is working fine. I would take it to a dealer and get them to fix it under warranty if I were you.
Sorry, but in which way is your answer different from that of BMW support? I mean, I thought it was clear from my message that I know it works for older or other models, but it seems like NOT for new ones. F30 is old, as I wrote I have a 2020 model, which is G20. Regardless of which, I don't understand why some BMW folks always speak about E, F, G numbers and not the year the car actually is. After all, the F30 was made during six years, so yours can be anything between 2012 and 2017 model, and even if you had a G20 it can be between 2018 and now with all the different variants as well. I know for fact that it is working on the 330e 2018 models, but that was not the question.

The question is, is there anyone out there with a 2020 version of BMW 330e whose Connected Drive statistics data is working properly?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have just received a mail from BMW admitting that this is a bug for all new 330e cars, so they have removed the function until it is fixed. Unfortunately, no forecast as of when it will be fixed, other than "we are working on it".

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi. Have got my new 330e and have similar issues. When i register on the website, it states that a code is sent to the car and this is never received. This code is required to activate the mobile software.. Should be taking car to dealer but would appreciate if anyone has met this kind of problem as i do not wish others to experiment on my car.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know what you mean. To be able to remotly access the car you must allow it while sittning in the car. No one can do anything remotly without having access to the car first and register through password.

·
Registered
3 Posts
At the moment, the car is not communicating with nothing, not even weather data. I seems like the car does not have 3 g, or 4g. I did register the car, but after the registration process, it states that a code is sent to the car which never arrives in the messages section.
Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Try park somewhere else. If that doesn't work, go back to the dekaler and ask for help. I had no problems with registrering the car.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Maybe a late answer. I also have this problem on my brand new 330e. I got the car yesterday.
Hej,
The answer I received from BMW in January was this:

"Vi har nu undersökt detta och statistik om senaste körning osv är borttagen på nya bilar av tekniska orsaker. Vi har inget datum när funktionen förväntas vara tillbaka igen."

This is in my opinion the wrong answer because the car is under warranty and it is not acceptable that this function is not working and is just removed, without informing the customers when they buy the car. I will not give up on this, since this is basically a simple function which every other brand and make has got it working, EXCEPT the brand new BMW.

So in my opinion, you should also let them know that you are not happy about this. It's a new car FFS and we paid 600kkr for it (at least I did) and it was NOT part of the deal that this is not included. Call BMW support and let them know, or ask how to solve it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts