Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,

I have just replaced my C350e merc with a 330e BM, the MErc would allow me to travel on battery at most speeds dependant on battery charge.

The BMW seems to jump into petrol engine mode over 50mph, when driving the merc i can get to 70mph on the motor way and hold it on battery power at 70mph therefore saving fuel, this i can not do in the BMW.

Only just having the BMW have i a setting wrong and if so how do i change or does the BMW not run on battery over 50mph.

cheers for any answers

·
Registered
172 Posts
It's the same on the 225xe - Engine cuts in after 51mph. You need to select max edrive to override this.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome 😎, where is max edrive 😂😂 as the buttons only select sport without traction (great fun), sport, comfort, and edrive.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Awesome 😎, where is max edrive 😂😂 as the buttons only select sport without traction (great fun), sport, comfort, and edrive.
You should have an edrive button - On the 330e I think it's near the gear shifter. It changed between Auto (default), Max edrive & then save battery.

·
Registered
198 Posts
In Max eDrive, it will stay in electric-only until you a) exceed 78mph, b) hit kickdown or c) move the gear lever to the left to engage sport / manual mode.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
In Max eDrive, it will stay in electric-only until you a) exceed 78mph, b) hit kickdown or c) move the gear lever to the left to engage sport / manual mode.
d) run out of battery ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts