Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a BMW 225xe on lease. I think it has 6kwh useable battery. Would love to upgrade to full EV but I'm at £229 per month and have been told I can extend as long as I want. Can't find any useable let alone premium EV close to this price.

Winter range is 10-15 miles. Typically 11. Summer range is 15-24 miles, typically 15, unless we keep the heating/air con off. I live in Sheffield and the hills destroy electric range. The car is easy to set up as running on pure EV first and not have the engine kick in under it has run out. Also I have never had the engine kick in because of high speed, although I never drive above 80 on the speedo.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I have a BMW 225xe on lease. I think it has 6kwh useable battery. Would love to upgrade to full EV but I'm at £229 per month and have been told I can extend as long as I want. Can't find any useable let alone premium EV close to this price.

Winter range is 10-15 miles. Typically 11. Summer range is 15-24 miles, typically 15, unless we keep the heating/air con off. I live in Sheffield and the hills destroy electric range. The car is easy to set up as running on pure EV first and not have the engine kick in under it has run out. Also I have never had the engine kick in because of high speed, although I never drive above 80 on the speedo.
I was offered a 40KW Leaf for about that price on PCP recently.
You should factor in fuel cost as well when comparing.
£229 a month has to have the context of plus fuel.
£229 + £XX fuel cost = how much per month?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I was offered a 40KW Leaf for about that price on PCP recently.
You should factor in fuel cost as well when comparing.
£229 a month has to have the context of plus fuel.
£229 + £XX fuel cost = how much per month?
We are about £40 per month on petrol and £10 per month on electricity.
Either way I will take a look at the Leaf deals. It isn't as long range as I would like but if it is £0 down and similar then we might be able to make it work.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Perhaps PHEV engine software can be programmed to default, that if it’s not plugged in on a regular basis the engine reverts to limp mode, like a DPF issue? Would challenge the BIK gamers.
We are about £40 per month on petrol and £10 per month on electricity.
Either way I will take a look at the Leaf deals. It isn't as long range as I would like but if it is £0 down and similar then we might be able to make it work.
i got the impression Nissan were under pressure to shift some units. That pressure may have been specific to year end though. There were also a few Leaf deals appearing on a thread titled something not very cryptic like cheap deals thread.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts