Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

My first post on this forum,

Recently purchased a used Bmw 330e and have noticed something quite strange. Initially on the service indicator, it was stating that the had needed to be serviced in 20,000 miles and this has been dropping by 1000 miles everyday. Now it has dopped down to service needed in 5000 miles last night. Took the car for a drive this morning (15 miles round trip) and not it has stating that service is required in 4900 miles.

Since buying the car, I have only done 1000 miles.

Not sure what is going on here. Any ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi - Please IGNORE my first post. The facts are as follows:

Car purchased on the 12 Oct 19. Mileage at that time was 19,919

Car mileage today (18 Oct 19) = 20,500. Have done approx 580 miles since purchashing the car

The first BMW Service was on 19th March 2019, where it had a oil & microfilter change. MIleage at that point was 19,554. SInce the last service, 946 addtional miles has been done.

It is now showing that Oil change & Vehicle Check is required at either 4900 or 3 / 2021

Consdiering the car has done an extra 946 miles (since last service), it does not seem right that it needs a oil change so soon.

Also, I am pretty convinced the service indicator is changing on a daily basis, in the sense by much more than the mileage I am currently doing.

Pretty sure I am not going mad, but I am now taking pictures of the service requirements mileage. I have added some pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
For something like this it is best to just call a BMW garage. Did you buy it from a BMW auth dealer?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not from a BMW garage or authorised dealer. The car is still under BMW warranty until March 21.

WIll take it to BMW.

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Definately some issue. Everytime I do a journey, the car service requirements is dropping by 100 miles at a time. This morning it showed 4900 and after doing a 9 miles journey, it is showing 4700 miles. The amountt of miles has only increased by 9 miles. There must be some software glitch.

Has anyone experienced such an issue before?

More pics attached

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts