Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have BMW always used type 2 cables or did they have a different type in the past?

I sold a know good working Type 2 to Type 2 cable on eBay and the buyer says it doesn't work with their charger and BMW (isn't said what type of charger or BMW)

I know that the cable 100% worked as it was used on my wife's Mini Electric until we sold it last week.

Any thoughts?

·
EV Convert
iPace HSE / 2019 and eTron 55 / 2020
711 Posts
He's got a Type 1 non-tethered charger...?

·
Super Moderator
11,954 Posts
Have BMW always used type 2 cables or did they have a different type in the past?
The C-Evolution scooter is type 1. All other modern BMWs are type 2. This includes the new C-E04 scooter.

BMWs sold in North America are Type-1. He could have a scooter or brought a car over from Canada. The C-Evolutions are rare. Howmany left says 100 taxed for on-road use in the UK.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tell him that you advertised, described, and sold a perfectly working type 2 to type 2 cable. And that if he bought the wrong cable, despite it being accurately described, then he should try selling it on eBay.
Thanks, that is exactly what I have done, but because he stated 'not as described' (which is a load of [email protected] because it is exactly as described) eBay take his side and want me to pay to get the cable back from him! Once I have it back they refund him and I am out of pocket for both deliveries charges! They have also blocked his payment to me, so I am now out of pocket having paid to send it to him.

·
Registered
Hyundai Ioniq 28
8,373 Posts
So he didn't claim that it was faulty and didn't work then? Tell eBay that he has lied as the cable description was accurate and his complaint was wrong. They have a record of your description in the listing and a photo of the cable and its plugs will refute his claim as a matter of fact. He cannot dispute that the cable is Type 2 to Type 2 so will have to withdraw his claim that it wasn't as described.

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
Also watch out for the classic ebay scam, where someone buys something, claims it's not as described, then returns a different product that's actually defective. Someone tried that on with me a couple of years ago, and by pure good luck there were identifying features on a photo I had taken, but not used in the listing, that proved that the returned item was not the one I'd sold. Still a nightmare to deal with ebay, as they always side with the buyer, even if the buyer is obviously a lying scumbag.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So he didn't claim that it was faulty and didn't work then? Tell eBay that he has lied as the cable description was accurate and his complaint was wrong. They have a record of your description in the listing and a photo of the cable and its plugs will refute his claim as a matter of fact. He cannot dispute that the cable is Type 2 to Type 2 so will have to withdraw his claim that it wasn't as described.
Thats the route I have gone down, but because he put the return of the item down as not as described they say I have to take the return. I am pushing him for more information

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Also watch out for the classic ebay scam, where someone buys something, claims it's not as described, then returns a different product that's actually defective. Someone tried that on with me a couple of years ago, and by pure good luck there were identifying features on a photo I had taken, but not used in the listing, that proved that the returned item was not the one I'd sold. Still a nightmare to deal with ebay, as they always side with the buyer, even if the buyer is obviously a lying scumbag.
Yes That is my concern too. I said that to eBay and they said if that happens they have a fraud team that may assist. I have now delisted everything else from eBay and have already sold items on Marketplace and received money straight away. I can see eBay going bust if they continue like this as people will just vote with their feet. Look at Amazon customer service in comparison!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts