Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I logged in to my ConnectedDrive account and found there is a promotion with 30% off ConnectedDrive services during this week.
on browsing the offer I noticed the Service Inclusive is offered for my car At a discount of £192.66. Although there are details I just wanted to check is this for the service required for an i3 over the next 84 months or140000km?
Is this different to the service pack available from the BMW web site which is £540 for 3 years?

Anyone think this is a good deal?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Don’t know what the ‘deal’ is you found? The £540 covers services after 24 and 48 months (assuming mileage limit not reached first); the MOT at 36 months; plus various checks / map updates.

·
Registered
2015 BMW i3 REx 60ah, Solar Orange
127 Posts
If it's BMW, I'd double check the small-print, then pass a copy to your lawyer to scrutinise!

From what I can see it's for new cars only?
Period: 24.11. - 30.11.2020
Bookable for new cars (up to the first service). Package validity: The Service Inclusive validity period (duration and mileage) begins with the date of the first registration of the vehicle and ends with the expiry date or mileage, whichever comes first.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If it's BMW, I'd double check the small-print, then pass a copy to your lawyer to scrutinise!

From what I can see it's for new cars only?
Period: 24.11. - 30.11.2020
Bookable for new cars (up to the first service). Package validity: The Service Inclusive validity period (duration and mileage) begins with the date of the first registration of the vehicle and ends with the expiry date or mileage, whichever comes first.
Yes, I saw it was for new cars only, mine is a 66 plate I bought second hand, and some of the other options in the store is not available to me and greyed out but this one allows me to add to the basket. I’ll call them and check tomorrow.

·
Registered
880 Posts
When I bought my i3 two years ago I was advised not to buy a service pack. In fact, my dealer specifically checked the cost of servicing and we worked out that it was indeed cheaper to pay for each one separately. Depends on the deal of course.

·
Registered
KIA e-Niro 4+ MY 2022 Runway Red & 5yr service plan
76 Posts
Yes, I saw it was for new cars only, mine is a 66 plate I bought second hand, and some of the other options in the store is not available to me and greyed out but this one allows me to add to the basket. I’ll call them and check tomorrow.
I have a 66 plate too, and it is also not greyed out either. Have you spoken to BMW yet, and if so what's the outcome? Thanks

·
Registered
151 Posts
Well I figured £540 was ok for two services an MOT fee and the map updates. That said they don't do a lot on an EV service - but then again with their hourly rates they do charge a lot for not doing very much!!
So if you get a deal lower than that personally I'd take it.
Of course they will always look for chargeable extras over and above the inclusive service - new tyres at uncompetitive prices etc - but you can always say 'no thanks'.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a 66 plate too, and it is also not greyed out either. Have you spoken to BMW yet, and if so what's the outcome? Thanks
Hi, yes I spoke to them this morning and I asked about the length for the pack as the picture said 60 months and the basket said 84 months.
60 months is when it is first registered and 84 months is the extension from first registered so basically this is for 24 months. I then asked the retailer Sytner about the cost of the services due in the next 24 months and that came to about £300+. So I’ll be going for it as it would save about £100 over the next 24 months.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thanks for coming back to me. My car was first registered in January 2017 and I have a 5 yr service inclusive pack - taking me to January 2022 - so the £95 offer is not relevant to me, because my 5yr service pack already covers this period.
The other Black Friday deal of £582.76 to cover my car for the period January 2022 to January 2024, is probably too far ahead for me. I'd have to pay £582.76 this week to future pay whatever my service costs 2022-2024 would be. It may be a good deal, if I still have the car, or not if I've exchanged it to a dealer. So I'll pass this time, and put a note in my calendar to check ConnectedDrive next year for their Cyber Black Friday deals.
Just so I understand your thinking, I assume you don't currently have a Service Pack and that you're looking to buy the £95 up to 60months pack, and given your dealer has identified service costs of £300+ in the next 24 months, then you'd surely save £200, not £100.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for coming back to me. My car was first registered in January 2017 and I have a 5 yr service inclusive pack - taking me to January 2022 - so the £95 offer is not relevant to me, because my 5yr service pack already covers this period.
The other Black Friday deal of £582.76 to cover my car for the period January 2022 to January 2024, is probably too far ahead for me. I'd have to pay £582.76 this week to future pay whatever my service costs 2022-2024 would be. It may be a good deal, if I still have the car, or not if I've exchanged it to a dealer. So I'll pass this time, and put a note in my calendar to check ConnectedDrive next year for their Cyber Black Friday deals.
Just so I understand your thinking, I assume you don't currently have a Service Pack and that you're looking to buy the £95 up to 60months pack, and given your dealer has identified service costs of £300+ in the next 24 months, then you'd surely save £200, not £100.
The service inclusive pack is £192.66 not £95 Until Nov 30th.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Weird. Is it a pro-rata thing based on calendar time elapsed? Ours is also a 66 plate:

·
Registered
2020 BMW i3S 120Ah BEV
743 Posts
Why would you buy a service pack for 84 months on a 66 plate which is now already 4 years old? Note that you have to purchase this offer "before your first service" ..
I'm being offered 60 months/100k km at £330. I am tempted I would admit, but I'm not sure I'd keep the car that long, and I'm not sure what servicing this would cover, as it would only be two services in the next five years. (Two lots of brake fluid and pollen filters?)

·
Registered
151 Posts
And of course numerous 'visual inspections' which roughly translates as 'attempts to find non-warranty chargeable work'.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Why would you buy a service pack for 84 months on a 66 plate which is now already 4 years old? Note that you have to purchase this offer "before your first service" ..
I'm being offered 60 months/100k km at £330. I am tempted I would admit, but I'm not sure I'd keep the car that long, and I'm not sure what servicing this would cover, as it would only be two services in the next five years. (Two lots of brake fluid and pollen filters?)
At the right price, then it would be of interest - because it would cover services from 48months to 84months. But for me the 60 month offer is definitely NOT of interest.
A bit of history first, I bought a 5yr service inclusive pack in January 2017 with my new car, but BMW lost my 5yr Service purchase. After the third year, it has dropped off the system apparently. Thank heavens for my wonderful BMW dealer who are standing by me, so I don't lose out. Now BMW UK have the nerve to offer me a service pack to make up the 60month period for another £95. No thank you.
Then, they offer me an alternative up to 84months at £582! Now they are having a laugh.
I have seen other offers in this thread, for £192 and £293. I'd like to see the algorithm for these Cyber offers.
Finally, the Cyber Service pack offers are not subject to the requirement for purchase before the first service.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I decided to go for the £330 60 month offer as I have decided to keep my vehicle a little longer than normal as I really enjoy the car.
Unfortunately BMW took the payment twice, however they quickly rectified the mistake and issued a credit so I am happy with the deal.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts