Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 13 month old I3S. I checked all the subscriptions terms on BMW connected before I purchased it including things like the map updates and online entertainment (it has the plus pack), and they all had 2 years to run. Now 10 days after the car was delivered I logged on to the connected portal to find that the map update package and online entertainment subscriptions expire in 12 months. Is this a BMW trick ?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Good Luck in dealing with Connected Drive Customer Services.
When I purchased my i3s I had six months of trying to register my account for the online entertainment package to which I was subscribed.
If someone else has registered the package they find it impossible to transfer to you.
I gave up after six months when they stopped answering emails.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The dealership are onto it. The correct term is apparently three years from date of registration or three years and 3 months from date of manufacture. For some reason BWW connected just sem to have taken a year off the term and this was after I had activated the subscription.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had a chat to BMW Connected and now I understand. The online entertainment voucher is for 1 year but valid for 3 years. So it looks like 3 years to run until you actualy use it then it reduces to 1 year. Its a bit confusing with different periods for different services and dates looking like they are moving around but that's the way life (and BMW service) is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts