Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my i3 secondhand and it’s a 66 plate registered in October so my booked services are coming to an end in October and December. The USB Map updates end in October my question is does anyone know how much this costs to renew and is it worth it?
Also looking through the available services there is a Remote Service upgrade which only has Details button to choose. What is this and the information suggests that it will enable perpendicular parking, I have park-assist, i would like this but not sure if my car is capable to get this and have this option.
Any advice or information gratefully received. My car is going in for its inspection service at the beginning of October and MOT.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Thanks, I had a look and added the connected package plus to the shopping cart but when I login it tells me it’s not available for my car. Is it because the services are still active?
It is not available for your car because you already have map updates for another few weeks. It will then become available along with some of the other Connected Drive Services that you currently have that lapse after 3 years; eg, RTTI.

I would be interested to know if your car has actually received any USB map updates? USB Updates only update maps in your selected Country. The full upgrade service which used to be £69 for 2 years provides a complete set of updates for all European Countries. To use the update service, you will need a 64GB USB drive.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Does anyone have any more information on the Latest Highlights feature. It shows a changelog for 19-3, but no means of download.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is not available for your car because you already have map updates for another few weeks. It will then become available along with some of the other Connected Drive Services that you currently have that lapse after 3 years; eg, RTTI.

I would be interested to know if your car has actually received any USB map updates? USB Updates only update maps in your selected Country. The full upgrade service which used to be £69 for 2 years provides a complete set of updates for all European Countries. To use the update service, you will need a 64GB USB drive.
Yes I updated the maps via usb in June, I think it was the Jan 2019 update.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does anyone have any more information on the Latest Highlights feature. It shows a changelog for 19-3, but no means of download.
Yes, I also want to know this and I think this is what I meant with my first post.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Yes I updated the maps via usb in June, I think it was the Jan 2019 update.
There are 2 map updates a year. My car is on 2019-2. 2020-1, based on previous releases, should be available from November onwards. BMW Download Manager is currently showing 2019-2 as is my i3.

·
Registered
88 Posts
BMW software is jus awful. Charging £60 to continue functionality on a £50k vehicle is bad enough, but when you go to Connected Drive the shopping cart, etc., is confusing and complex and, IMHO, just doesn't work.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Yes, I also want to know this and I think this is what I meant with my first post.
I think the Remote Software Upgrade is not available for our cars (I will be facing the same situation as you in Feb). On checking the Technical Requirements and following the instructions, I fail at no.3 - I do not have a sub-menu General Settings under Settings.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think the Remote Software Upgrade is not available for our cars (I will be facing the same situation as you in Feb). On checking the Technical Requirements and following the instructions, I fail at no.3 - I do not have a sub-menu General Settings under Settings.
Thanks, I’ll check my settings.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts

Has the latest iDrive update been rolled out for new i3s: I am guessing not. In past history is anything to go by, BMW does not offer full iDrive version updates for existing owners.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts