Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good news from BMW this morning.

Up to the end of September 2014 BMW i sales total 10,540 made up of 10,199 BMW i3s and 341 BMW i8s delivered to customers. If only they could have sold one more i3 and one less i8 those would be very nice round numbers indeed!

In a BMW group press release Ian Robertson, Member of the Board of Management of BMW AG, Sales and Marketing BMW said this of BMW i

BMW i can celebrate several milestones this month: more than 10,000 BMW i3s have been delivered to customers this year and 341 BMW i8 customers have received delivery of their cars since sales began in the summer.
Nice work! :D

The release also highlights the year so far for the BMW group as a whole which has done very well indeed. Overall sales of BMW, MINI and Rolls-Royce vehicles have continued to grow, making it the BMW Group’s best ever September. A total of 199,799 vehicles were delivered to customers, an increase of 5.3% on the same month last year (189,664). The first three quarters of 2014 were also the most successful in the company’s history. A total of 1,529,880 vehicles have been sold in the year-to-date, up 6.5% compared to the same period last year (prev. yr. 1,436,166).

·
Banned
1,128 Posts
In more good news it appears that people in the i3 Facebook group have had success in re-coding the i3.

Think Windows Registry for BMWs. So far they have enabled the missing AM radio and european style Rex hold-charge operation on US i3s.

·
Banned
1,128 Posts
Wait, it doesn't have AM? Does it come with DAB?
I couldn't live without Five Live. :D
Yes, it has DAB :)

To be honest I'm not even sure if we have AM in the UK or not, I always use DAB... but for some in the US it is a big deal. It was apparently disabled due to interference, but all the hardware and software is there if you know which byte to flip...

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank goodness. Yes DAB is much better, am is still used here and several of the old AM channels have gone straight to DAB and missed FM in the process. So when new cars ship without it (Nissan!!!) you have to have AM or miss out on some radio. :(

Glad BMW are on top of this, my MINI had DAB (optional, of course!) years ago and it's SO good.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Yep, I've noticed that DAB audio quality is far superior to FM, although FM does list the track playing, whereas DAB doesn't. Not sure why...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts