Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2015 BMW i3 REx 60ah, Solar Orange
121 Posts
Looks interesting - although that's potentially some time away, but I like the idea of a circular economy so that all components hypothetically are sourced and recycled.

Not so sure about the Krytonite on the dash! :D

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I went to part ex my i3s the salesman asked me to look around the showroom to see if he could tempt me with another BMW.
I said to him honestly there is nothing on show here that I would actually consider apart from another i3s.
Everything is so big nowadays I do not want to start shoe horning some massive SUV into the meagre parking spaces that are available today
especially with the inconsiderate drivers that seem to prevail in my part of the northwest.
BMW are missing a trick here and will surely end up missing out on a vast market for small, high quality specified vehicles.
Other manufacturers are all lined up for this market and if BMW wait until 2040 it will be too late.
I couldn't even park my car at the dealership for hundreds of these behemoths.

·
Registered
2015 BMW i3 REx 60ah, Solar Orange
121 Posts
Audi are the same. My wife used to have an A2 1.4 TDI. It was ahead of the game, aluminium space frame, frugal to run, with the 1.2 TDI engine version capable of 90mpg. The trouble is the dealerships hated it, it was difficult to repair if it was in an accident and didn't fit the range of the cars they were launching. Audi plulled the plug on it after 5 years as it was losing money.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Audi are the same
Exactly and I am an Audi fan from being seventeen years old.
It seems to me that going smaller saves materials and thus resources, of course it doesn't suit everyone especially if you have a large family
to cope with and I totally accept that but bigger is not always better (as my missus tells me)
Rant over !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts