Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15,534 Posts
They once said the i3 was ugly. It will grow on you I'm sure.

Now, can we get on to the rumours that this will be £10k less than a Model 3 with 400 miles of range please?

·
Zoe Devotee
8,870 Posts
Gone are the Kidney grills of old... as my 8 year old says "why have they stuck a big pair of bum cheeks on those cars?"

·
Registered
95 Posts
With that grill I think it's clear they've taken inspiration from nature, though perhaps I'd have gone for something a little less rodent-with-massive-overbite:

Also the front number plate placement is going to be more of a challenge for looks compared to the existing BMW range, are they really going to slap it right in the middle of that grill?

·
Registered
2020 BMW i3S 120Ah BEV
306 Posts
Meh, all cars look the same. I don't particularly like the look of the i3 either (from some angles), but I don't care when I'm sitting inside it....

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
The BMW design team have gone mad, the car is great apart from that ridiculous “grill” which it doesn’t even need!
No the BMW design team have gone to Byton.

this is what happens when you have to let the trainees loose on the design floor.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
They once said the i3 was ugly. It will grow on you I'm sure.
They were correct then, the i3 is ugly (some would say challenging). Only place to be is inside, then you can’t see it, but then it’s like a go kart with the same ride comfort.
EV’s don’t need grills for cooling like an ICE so seems odd car designers are fixated on making them bigger.

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
At the end of the day the grille is way bigger than it needs to be for even a very inefficient 500+ BHP ICE. BMW could do a lot better, but it is bling. Blame your local rapper. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
651 Posts
I think you would have to see it in the flesh to judge but, from what I have seen, the inside is stunning. Glass roof is great in this dull climate and I really miss the sunroof I had on my old X5. May be a bit big for what I need but will definitely be taking a close look.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts