Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Leaf 40
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter snapped this photo because she thought the car looked 'cool'. BMW HQ isn't far away but this one seems to have picked up a ticket already. If she'd told me sooner I'd have nipped over to take some more photos and have a mooch at it. Is it out in the UK now?

·
SU-EV convert
Jaguar iPace 2020
346 Posts
I've always wondered if people who can afford cars that expensive consider parking fines to be the premium way to pay for parking: delivered straight to your windscreen by an attendant for a negligible premium :rolleyes: A real convenience until parking pay machines accept £50 notes...

·
Registered
Leaf 40
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And to think the parking fee there is an exorbitant 20p. And the parking meter is so far away as well! Perhaps he ran out of petrol and electric ;)

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
in Cambridge if you don't pay the 25 pound for 5 or more hours parking you get a 70 fine which if paid in 14 days is halved, I think a few people risk it, and on the odd occasion they get caught they stump up an extra 10 quid

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Ugly, hideous, nasty. I wouldn't have one of these if you gave it to me.

(If I say these words enough times, I'll start believing them, right?)

·
Super Moderator
7,736 Posts
Ugly, hideous, nasty. I wouldn't have one of these if you gave it to me.

(If I say these words enough times, I'll start believing them, right?)
Haha good luck

I love the way it looks, and I hope the i5 is far more like the i8 styling than the i3, but more BEVy than the i8!

Reactions: Paul

·
Premium Member
8,939 Posts
Its a nice car but BMWs already suffer from "not getting let out at junctions" I cannot see i8 drivers getting on any better :)
I've had a few BMWs (new ones) for loans/tests and I don't know if it was just me, but people's attitudes towards me on the road did seem different, especially in a Z4 when I had one of those when they were quite new. :(

Z4 was also the ONLY car I've ever hit a bird in flight with, which was bizarre and horrible considering how low it sits and raked the windscreen is AND I had the roof open at the time. :(

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I've had a few BMWs (new ones) for loans/tests and I don't know if it was just me, but people's attitudes towards me on the road did seem different, especially in a Z4 when I had one of those when they were quite new. :(
I have seen it in action, people letting cars into a slow moving traffic stream and as soon as the BMW tries to merge they close up the hole.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Good job no one was parked next to it - those gull-wing doors need space to open!
Having driven it at Goodwood FoS I was amazingly surprised at how little space is actually needed next to the car to open the door fully and get out...

·
Registered
571 Posts
My daughter snapped this photo because she thought the car looked 'cool'. BMW HQ isn't far away but this one seems to have picked up a ticket already. If she'd told me sooner I'd have nipped over to take some more photos and have a mooch at it. Is it out in the UK now?

Not sure anyone has actually answered your question! I believe the first deliveries have just started so you might occasionally see an owner driving one rather than BMW rep.
The car is stunning, even more so from the back I think. As it is so different I guess its a bit of a marmite car but personally I think the styling is spot on :)

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Not sure anyone has actually answered your question! I believe the first deliveries have just started so you might occasionally see an owner driving one rather than BMW rep.
The car is stunning, even more so from the back I think. As it is so different I guess its a bit of a marmite car but personally I think the styling is spot on :)
July 19th is the launch according to BMW on twitter this morning

Font Text Banner Brand Advertising

·
Registered
571 Posts
July 19th is the launch according to BMW on twitter this morning

View attachment 1427
Thank Jon, I was not entirely sure but Know BMW UK have started releasing cars. Maybe that is to the dealerships to then give to customers on the 19th... I know ELMS Cambridge has their launch next week which all therefore makes sense :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.