Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter snapped this photo because she thought the car looked 'cool'. BMW HQ isn't far away but this one seems to have picked up a ticket already. If she'd told me sooner I'd have nipped over to take some more photos and have a mooch at it. Is it out in the UK now?

·
SU-EV convert
Jaguar iPace 2020
367 Posts
I've always wondered if people who can afford cars that expensive consider parking fines to be the premium way to pay for parking: delivered straight to your windscreen by an attendant for a negligible premium :rolleyes: A real convenience until parking pay machines accept £50 notes...

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
in Cambridge if you don't pay the 25 pound for 5 or more hours parking you get a 70 fine which if paid in 14 days is halved, I think a few people risk it, and on the odd occasion they get caught they stump up an extra 10 quid

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Good job no one was parked next to it - those gull-wing doors need space to open!

·
Banned
1,128 Posts
Nobody seems to actually be in their space in that car park, wheels hanging over all over the place.

Though given the width of the spaces I'm not sure how they expect you to get out of the car anyway.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Ugly, hideous, nasty. I wouldn't have one of these if you gave it to me.

(If I say these words enough times, I'll start believing them, right?)

·
Super Moderator
7,454 Posts
Ugly, hideous, nasty. I wouldn't have one of these if you gave it to me.

(If I say these words enough times, I'll start believing them, right?)
Haha good luck

I love the way it looks, and I hope the i5 is far more like the i8 styling than the i3, but more BEVy than the i8!

Reactions: Paul

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Its a nice car but BMWs already suffer from "not getting let out at junctions" I cannot see i8 drivers getting on any better :)

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Its a nice car but BMWs already suffer from "not getting let out at junctions" I cannot see i8 drivers getting on any better :)
I've had a few BMWs (new ones) for loans/tests and I don't know if it was just me, but people's attitudes towards me on the road did seem different, especially in a Z4 when I had one of those when they were quite new. :(

Z4 was also the ONLY car I've ever hit a bird in flight with, which was bizarre and horrible considering how low it sits and raked the windscreen is AND I had the roof open at the time. :(

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
I've had a few BMWs (new ones) for loans/tests and I don't know if it was just me, but people's attitudes towards me on the road did seem different, especially in a Z4 when I had one of those when they were quite new. :(
I have seen it in action, people letting cars into a slow moving traffic stream and as soon as the BMW tries to merge they close up the hole.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Good job no one was parked next to it - those gull-wing doors need space to open!
Having driven it at Goodwood FoS I was amazingly surprised at how little space is actually needed next to the car to open the door fully and get out...

·
Registered
621 Posts
My daughter snapped this photo because she thought the car looked 'cool'. BMW HQ isn't far away but this one seems to have picked up a ticket already. If she'd told me sooner I'd have nipped over to take some more photos and have a mooch at it. Is it out in the UK now?

Not sure anyone has actually answered your question! I believe the first deliveries have just started so you might occasionally see an owner driving one rather than BMW rep.
The car is stunning, even more so from the back I think. As it is so different I guess its a bit of a marmite car but personally I think the styling is spot on :)

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Not sure anyone has actually answered your question! I believe the first deliveries have just started so you might occasionally see an owner driving one rather than BMW rep.
The car is stunning, even more so from the back I think. As it is so different I guess its a bit of a marmite car but personally I think the styling is spot on :)
July 19th is the launch according to BMW on twitter this morning

TweetDeck.jpg

·
Registered
621 Posts
July 19th is the launch according to BMW on twitter this morning

View attachment 1427
Thank Jon, I was not entirely sure but Know BMW UK have started releasing cars. Maybe that is to the dealerships to then give to customers on the 19th... I know ELMS Cambridge has their launch next week which all therefore makes sense :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts