Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that BMW has withdrawn BMW Routes from service, I would be interested to know how others are planning routes rather than destinations?

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just checked on the app and it still gives routes….
Nothing to do with the App. BMW used to have a dedicated web portal that allowed owners to build a complex route with as many immediate stops as required. I used it a couple of years ago to compile a route around Scotland. The route was then sent to the car and it could be imported into the iDrive navigation system. BMW’s equivalent to Google maps if you like. Unless I am missing something, a route can still be built in the iDrive but it requires the owner to enter immediate points - whereas BMW Routes was a simple mouse click and position to change a route.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Nothing to do with the App. BMW used to have a dedicated web portal that allowed owners to build a complex route with as many immediate stops as required. I used it a couple of years ago to compile a route around Scotland. The route was then sent to the car and it could be imported into the iDrive navigation system. BMW’s equivalent to Google maps if you like. Unless I am missing something, a route can still be built in the iDrive but it requires the owner to enter immediate points - whereas BMW Routes was a simple mouse click and position to change a route.
OK….I’ve not used that for years as I found it sludgy and inflexible, I just use the routes in the app now, simple but cannot be easily customised.

If it’s a complex route I need I tend to use google and pen and paper then input as waypoints in the Nav, old school but reliable.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I discovered the "import route from usb" feature recently and figured out that there's a couple of third party options: Tyre and My Route. I haven't used either personally.

Reactions: Lexden

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I discovered the "import route from usb" feature recently and figured out that there's a couple of third party options: Tyre and My Route. I haven't used either personally.

sadly, …..

Please note! At this moment, BMW has stopped supporting BMW navigation for cars. Therefore it is no longer possible to transfer routes to your navigation system. Unfortunately, we can't do anything about this within MyRoute app. For some BMW car navigation systems, importing still works, but this differs per navigation system.

We therefore advise you to contact your dealer and we will continue to look for a solution

1 - 7 of 7 Posts