Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been testing RFID cards, such as Chargemaster/Polar, Eccotricity, Source London, etc.

Called in with the Tesla at my Local BMW dealer (i3 rated, in Poole) .. and they offered me charging ... BUT as the pic below shows Their [chargemaster] system did not accept my card ..

I hope that both EV companies and EV makers will all 'Play Nice' ..
ZOE_0003.jpg

·
Registered
394 Posts
That's quite a strongly worded thread (and title). Do you know that for sure or is it just your guess because your card didn't work ?

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's quite a strongly worded thread (and title). Do you know that for sure or is it just your guess because your card didn't work ?
The card works great at all other Polar/CM stations tried (c 20++) - so odds are this IS a glitch that needs a fix.
I hope it is a local glitch as I hate it when people and companies dont 'play nice' ... dont you ?

·
Registered
394 Posts
The card works great at all other Polar/CM stations tried (c 20++) - so odds are this IS a glitch that needs a fix.
I hope it is a local glitch as I hate it when people and companies dont 'play nice' ... dont you ?
Yep, I hope it's a glitch too.

I presume some of those 20+ uses were after the new fee structure came into force on April 1st ?

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How come the dealer didn't just offer you a card to charge ?
He did and was VERY friendly, but I was just testing all local charge points.....

Incidentally Peugeot, Nissan and Renault are all under same Group here (Westover). I had a great chat / laugh with a group of their EV technicians.... and guess what .. most of their charging equipment is incompatible :) ...

Play Nice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts