Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick observation I’ve made a few times while popping to the local garden centre. While the free to use charge unit has luckily always been clear when I’ve turned up I’ve always noticed on my return to my Zoe BMWs parked up at the other Tesla dedicated units charging up. Does this mean any car can use them or have BM got a deal with Tesla?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bit strange. There’s two red units and one white, which is the one I’m using. I’ve only seen BMs and Tesla’s using the red ones!

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
A standard install often has three units, one set to free-for-all and the other two Tesla only.

However some of them are setup so they will all charge any car at the request of the site operator.

Try a red one next time :p

Its also possible that they arent actually charging at all, and have just parked there and shoved the lead in to get the premium parking spot.

·
Registered
16,947 Posts
Bit strange. There’s two red units and one white, which is the one I’m using. I’ve only seen BMs and Tesla’s using the red ones!
The units don't always comply with the signage. I've successfully used both types with the Zoe.

You just have to try them and see what works.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts