Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
BMW i3 120AH
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In December I made the mistake of getting a BMW i Wallbox Connect installed, for my new i3 (in the UK).
The wallbox appeared to have stopped connecting to the Internet at the end of August, and I've had to use RFID cards to activate charging ever since. Today I decided to try to sort out the problem - all it took for the box to connect to the Internet was to reboot the wallbox.
Only then was I able to connect to the wallbox user interface via a Web browser (although the BMW iV app had carried on working the whole time - but that only connects via a local network in my home). The status page showed that the BMW DCS (Digital Charging Service) was "unreachable".
Next I tried doing a software update - which gave a server error.
I tried connecting to the DCS on the BMW Web site - to discover that the pages for that have been removed.
After discussions with BMW i support staff, I discovered that BMW closed the charging.bmwgroup.com website in July, and didn't bother to tell their customers. The DCS has therefore been discontinued, and also support for the this BMW Wallbox no longer exists, as it relies on the charging.bmwgroup.com website for the Help pages and software updates.

I now have a BMW "connected" Wallbox charger that cannot properly connect to the Internet (as it needs to connect through the above website).
Anyone suggest where I go next? BP Chargemaster, who installed it, were as surprised as me to hear of this. But I have a Wallbox with a two year warranty that is not fit for purpose.

·
Registered
BMW 530e
9 Posts
What a mess. BMW don't care, they must have known this would cause the chargers to fail for existing customers! I would definitely take this up with BP Chargemaster as the supplier of the wallbox that no longer functions and demand a replacement. It's their problem to raise this with BMW as there must be others in the same situation.

·
Registered
1 Posts
In December I made the mistake of getting a BMW i Wallbox Connect installed, for my new i3 (in the UK).
The wallbox appeared to have stopped connecting to the Internet at the end of August, and I've had to use RFID cards to activate charging ever since. Today I decided to try to sort out the problem - all it took for the box to connect to the Internet was to reboot the wallbox.
Only then was I able to connect to the wallbox user interface via a Web browser (although the BMW iV app had carried on working the whole time - but that only connects via a local network in my home). The status page showed that the BMW DCS (Digital Charging Service) was "unreachable".
Next I tried doing a software update - which gave a server error.
I tried connecting to the DCS on the BMW Web site - to discover that the pages for that have been removed.
After discussions with BMW i support staff, I discovered that BMW closed the charging.bmwgroup.com website in July, and didn't bother to tell their customers. The DCS has therefore been discontinued, and also support for the this BMW Wallbox no longer exists, as it relies on the charging.bmwgroup.com website for the Help pages and software updates.

I now have a BMW "connected" Wallbox charger that cannot properly connect to the Internet (as it needs to connect through the above website).
Anyone suggest where I go next? BP Chargemaster, who installed it, were as surprised as me to hear of this. But I have a Wallbox with a two year warranty that is not fit for purpose.
Hi. I have the same problem and thought it was something I was doing wrong. Thanks for putting my mind to rest.

I think my next EV will be something other than BMW.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts