Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
I think it looks nicer than the Tesla cars but I am an electric purist. It's all or nothing now.
Also no way can I afford any of them! :)

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
I disagree it looks nicer, its a radical design, and that has to pass the WAG factor, explain to your partner why it has gull wing doors. The Model S looks like a normal car, and therefore is easier to explain to the other half

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
I disagree it looks nicer, its a radical design, and that has to pass the WAG factor, explain to your partner why it has gull wing doors. The Model S looks like a normal car, and therefore is easier to explain to the other half
So glad my wife has, if anything, a weirder and wider taste in cars than I do, no such "testing and approval" process required. :D

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
231hp from a turbocharged 1500cc engine is quite something! No wonder the boot gets hot.

(my 1989 Toyota Sera had similar lift-up doors and I love to see them on production cars. It also had a 1500cc engine but only 108hp)

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
With regular doors you can often slide out if a car has parked too close. Not always true but most of the time. Withdoors that go up you have to be able to fully open them to get out. Fine in a supercar when you don't drive it to the shop[s but most of the time not a good idea IMO.

Sliding is the best for access certainly. :)

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
With regular doors you can often slide out if a car has parked too close. Not always true but most of the time. Withdoors that go up you have to be able to fully open them to get out. Fine in a supercar when you don't drive it to the shop[s but most of the time not a good idea IMO.

Sliding is the best for access certainly. :)
Having owned many MINIs (big, long doors, low seating position) and having had kids in car seats in other cars too, regular "swing" doors are a pain... but we just accept it's what you get with a car, so we work around it (and get lots of door dings from those who can't seem to cope/bother, the swines!).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts