Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so had the car a week, nearly,
1.what the best settings to limit the Bongs,
2.is the way of keeping the speed and MPH display on.

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,643 Posts
I'll add to that:

3. How do you get the screen that show volts and amps whilst charging?

I've got an answer for the loud radio on start up - listen to Classic FM their output is usually quite quiet. I noticed this when my wife had been listening to Heart and I switched to Classic and on next start up It was quieter.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I'll add to that:

3. How do you get the screen that show volts and amps whilst charging?

I've got an answer for the loud radio on start up - listen to Classic FM their output is usually quite quiet. I noticed this when my wife had been listening to Heart and I switched to Classic and on next start up It was quieter.
(from memory) I think the screen is available on the dash whilst rapid charging, on the same screen as the motor speed. You can use steering wheel arrow controls to get to it.

Reactions: Neilew

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,643 Posts
(from memory) I think the screen is available on the dash whilst rapid charging, on the same screen as the motor speed. You can use steering wheel arrow controls to get to it.
Ah, that's why I can't find it. I've had a quick 5 min test to make sure she could rapid charge, but have only charged at home so far. I'll have to wait until we go for a journey. Hopefully that won't be long if the weather will oblige.

Reactions: chrisnsteffie

·
Registered
30 Posts
what the best settings to limit the Bongs
I would like to know this also, by far the most annoying thing i have encountered. You should be able to select which are audible, not have them forced on you. There may be an occasion i want or need to leave the car with the keys in and not alert the whole neighbourhood when i have done it is one example..

·
Registered
276 Posts
I would like to know this also, by far the most annoying thing i have encountered. You should be able to select which are audible, not have them forced on you. There may be an occasion i want or need to leave the car with the keys in and not alert the whole neighbourhood when i have done it is one example..
Rule 112 of the highway code states that the horn can ONLY be used to warn other road users of your presence. As such, the MG is illegally sounding the horn.

It cannot be used to advise the driver he has left his keys in the car!!!!

Getting out of my car at 1:00am and having the horn blast three times for no particular reason is not making me popular with the neighbours.

MG, you need to fix this.

The Bongs are farcical. Who at MG thought that Bongs for everything was an acceptable idea?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Yes, this is a BIG issue, both bongs and horns. As well as being annoying it the horn seems to sound for no reason. I am on a trip in France and I took the EuroTunnel. As advised windows should be left half open to minimise any damage due to pressure changes in the tunnel. Part way through I got out the car to stretch my legs, closed the door and the triple LOUD horn sounded. Jumped out my skin as well as alarming the other people in the enclosed space.

I was immediately approached by a security officer asking why I was blasting the horn! I had to explain the MG quirkiness to her. In the end she said she had never seen the car before, was impressed with its looks and may go to her local MG dealer for a test drive! I did tell her all the quirks though so MG should be listening or they will loose sales due to the bongs and the horn.

Also on this trip the bonging about leaving your key in the car has gone haywire. I am holding the key in my hand, get out the car and it bongs and bongs. And for several minutes. As Mike Proctor revealed in his video about the suspension modification, this is probably an unfinished car (hence early adopters £3,500 MG discount!).

I am considering writing to DVLA in relation to the horn blasting - neighbours at night, elderly passengers getting a fright and including the EuroTunnel security concerns!

Reactions: Neilew

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,643 Posts
Rule 112 of the highway code states that the horn can ONLY be used to warn other road users of your presence. As such, the MG is illegally sounding the horn.

It cannot be used to advise the driver he has left his keys in the car!!!!

Getting out of my car at 1:00am and having the horn blast three times for no particular reason is not making me popular with the neighbours.

MG, you need to fix this.

The Bongs are farcical. Who at MG thought that Bongs for everything was an acceptable idea?
Both my wife and I carry a car key. Although my wife doesn't drive, I still like her to carry one in case something happens to me. it doesn't matter who gets out first the other will cause the horn to hoot and the bongs to start.

I'm thinking of getting an RFID cover for her key to see if this will stop it. If anyone can recommend a reliable one I would much appreciate it as I've heard that some of them are as much use as a chocolate teapot.

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,643 Posts
Had a go this afternoon and found the screens. I'm getting 3.1 m/kWh. Thanks for your help :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Both my wife and I carry a car key. Although my wife doesn't drive, I still like her to carry one in case something happens to me. it doesn't matter who gets out first the other will cause the horn to hoot and the bongs to start.

I'm thinking of getting an RFID cover for her key to see if this will stop it. If anyone can recommend a reliable one I would much appreciate it as I've heard that some of them are as much use as a chocolate teapot.
My wife and I both carry a key each too. We bought a couple of cheapo RFID pouches from Aldi (2 for £5) and they work well at blocking the signal. It was one of those Thursday specials so you might not find them in stock anymore. I think anything you get from Amazon would be similar in quality. I'm not convinced that the keys are that "powerful" anyway (I'm guessing they must have active RFID) but sometimes the car won't sense the key when they're jammed in my pocket with my wallet in the way (must be the huge wad of cash I have in it :ROFLMAO:).

Totally agree with all other opinions on the bongs and horns. MG really need to sort it out. It's been infuriating the number of times it's woken our sleeping baby up either when we've started the car again or just stepping out of the car.

·
Registered
235 Posts
What always seems to send my car into meltdown is if I unlock it and then sit in any seat other than the driver seat and then leave again. It has a fit about taking the key with me. Of course I have the key but it bongs away merrily to itself. The most annoying horn sounding is the one when you lock it and not all the doors are closed properly.

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,643 Posts
We bought a couple of cheapo RFID pouches from Aldi (2 for £5) and they work well at blocking the signal.
Ordered 2 today online. Thanks for the info :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts