Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new on here, just had our 2019 mgzs couple weeks now, love it (now we've turned off nearly all the bleepy stuff).
Anyone else had bonnet warning light /pings even though the bonnet is firmly closed!?
Would it be the bonnet sensor and where is it? Any help is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
2019? Still in warranty, take it back and get them to sort it.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Soul First Edition
3,178 Posts
Was onto them today, going to have a look at it next week. In the meantime I'll try turning off with obd2.
I didn’t think you can send any commands to the ZS EV to do anything like that.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Long shot I know, but is there any type of micro switch located on or around the bonnet catch or even on the slam panel ?.
If so, could it dis-connected to prove that it is a faulty switch ?.
I would only suggest doing this if you 110% sure that the bonnet is indeed fully latched and locked.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tryed turning off with obd2, couldn't, fault code p 1104, (o2 sensor?) makes no sense. Don't want to take slam panels etc off as don't want to upset warrenty?
It notifies me, I acknowledge by pressing OK then it stops bleeping. All doors lock with no issues. Will take to dealer next week. Thanks for all replies 🙄🐝

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
PS, phoned dealer I bought it from, genuine guy, he said his wife's BMW ev does same thing on a frosty morning (our car was hard frozen) and that it stops after a while🤔

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
PS, phoned dealer I bought it from, genuine guy, he said his wife's BMW ev does same thing on a frosty morning (our car was hard frozen) and that it stops after a while🤔
Maybe some thing it that then ?.
It was really cold here on Friday morning, when I unlocked the car and pulled out the drivers door handle to enter the car, the handle remained stuck out !.
The car was frozen solid, I had a problem getting the door open on my wife's Fiat 500 as well. The frame had frozen to the door seal.

·
Registered
93 Posts
My other car (a Jaaaag) is renowned for frozen door seals, and the guys on the fora swear by a product called Gummi Pflege.

Frozen locks and switches need a different approach.

Reactions: Paul M

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
I guess you could coat the door seals with a silicone rubber / trim dressing like Car Pro Pearl.
A brilliant product used by some professional details, not cheap but good stuff.
It can be mixed to different strengths to suit your requirements.
One of my fav products.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,392 Posts
Hi all, new on here, just had our 2019 mgzs couple weeks now, love it (now we've turned off nearly all the bleepy stuff).
Anyone else had bonnet warning light /pings even though the bonnet is firmly closed!?
Checked your boot is actually closed right?

·
Registered
12 Posts
My other car (a Jaaaag) is renowned for frozen door seals, and the guys on the fora swear by a product called Gummi Pflege.

Frozen locks and switches need a different approach.
This is the one I've used for years, seems to work well;

1 - 16 of 16 Posts