Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Bonnet warning light

3K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  LeafMatters 
#1 ·
Hi all, new on here, just had our 2019 mgzs couple weeks now, love it (now we've turned off nearly all the bleepy stuff).
Anyone else had bonnet warning light /pings even though the bonnet is firmly closed!?
Would it be the bonnet sensor and where is it? Any help is greatly appreciated

#2 ·
2019? Still in warranty, take it back and get them to sort it.

#5 ·
Would it be the bonnet sensor and where is it? Any help is greatly appreciated
Long shot I know, but is there any type of micro switch located on or around the bonnet catch or even on the slam panel ?.
If so, could it dis-connected to prove that it is a faulty switch ?.
I would only suggest doing this if you 110% sure that the bonnet is indeed fully latched and locked.

#8 ·
Tryed turning off with obd2, couldn't, fault code p 1104, (o2 sensor?) makes no sense. Don't want to take slam panels etc off as don't want to upset warrenty?
It notifies me, I acknowledge by pressing OK then it stops bleeping. All doors lock with no issues. Will take to dealer next week. Thanks for all replies 🙄🐝

#10 ·
Maybe some thing it that then ?.
It was really cold here on Friday morning, when I unlocked the car and pulled out the drivers door handle to enter the car, the handle remained stuck out !.
The car was frozen solid, I had a problem getting the door open on my wife's Fiat 500 as well. The frame had frozen to the door seal.

#14 ·
I guess you could coat the door seals with a silicone rubber / trim dressing like Car Pro Pearl.
A brilliant product used by some professional details, not cheap but good stuff.
It can be mixed to different strengths to suit your requirements.
One of my fav products.

#15 ·
Checked your boot is actually closed right?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.