Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received a book of Essays on Electricity and its impact on civilisation from Vauxhall for Ampera owners.

It looks an interesting book but to be honest I think Vauxhall need to get there priorities right... I can do without these trivial gifts... just improve the car software instead and I'd be happy.

·
Militant EV driver!
4,563 Posts
They gave a load of them to journalists earlier this year and one found its way to me. I guess they found a box in the cupboard. I thought it was a nice touch but I gave the second one to a Tesla owner.

·
Registered
7,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it is a nice touch... I suppose I am just a little angry and very cynical given the state of the software on our "state of the art", £39,000 car... that doesn't even have a working SatNav !!!

For me the gloss is wearing very thin right now and this just rubs my nose in it.

·
Militant EV driver!
4,563 Posts
My satnav works fine. It's never taken me to the wrong place.

It may have a 1990s UI but be thankful it isn't like the Leaf one which as far as I can see is style over substance.

·
Registered
7,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IIRC you don't have an Ampera satnav... you decided to use your phone instead didn't you? No wonder yours works!

I too now use a £100 TomTom instead of the £2000 satnav in the Ampera. It just doesn't allow me to navigate to so many addresses it isn't fit for purpose. Perhaps if Vauxhall had their priorities right they would set about correcting their mistakes so we, the pioneers... the early adopters, don't have to suffer.

I have yet to see any evidence that Vauxhall are remotely interested in what we have to say about the car or in correcting any of the issues we are raising regarding the software. IMO they have had plenty of time to bring out revision software.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts