Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
3,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Owning Model S by Nick Howe is the first book that helps you to better understand Model S. If you already own the car, the book presents an in-depth look at Model S technology, a description of the car’s many features and functions, and guidelines that will help you achieve optimal driving performance. In addition, Owning Model S describes many tricks and tips that are essential for anyone who owns the car.

http://www.teslaccessories.com/products/owning-model-s-by-nick-howe-book-pre-orders

Owning_Model_S_Cover.png

·
schlussel
458 Posts
I understand it is not very Kindle friendly, but that there are options available to get round this. Does anyone know what version software it covers, ie 7.0, 7.1, AP, TACC etc.

·
Registered
254 Posts
No, it's not Kindle-friendly; you have to download a reader, as it tells you on the website:
For desktop computers or notebooks, download Adobe Digital Editions (available from www.adobe.com): Download | Adobe Digital Editions

For a mobile device (iOS or Android), download DL Reader

The website also has a Table of Contents. It mentions AP but only, it seems, in the 'what to order' section; there does not seem to be any real info about it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hi guys,

Here's the preface about the second edition:

"This is the second edition of owning Model S, fully updated through August 2015 to reflect the dual motor variants, the addition of autopilot capability and the other myriad of changes introduced to Model S during its first three years"

Graham

·
schlussel
458 Posts
In the meantime, whilst you are waiting for 3rd Edition, TeslaTap are selling an E-Book "Model S - Best Car Ever!" For $8.99. Tesla Model S – Best Car Ever! | TeslaTap

An American perspective, of course, but something to while away the winter evenings perhaps. Comes in 2 Parts, so you can download Part 1 (which covers the car now) before deciding on Part 2 which is more about Tesla Motors I think.

·
Registered
254 Posts
So it pre-dates any hands on experience with V7 software as back in August the latest version in the field was
Version 6.2 (v2.5.56). I think 3rd edition is the one ;)
Yes. When I asked Evanexx, this is what they said:
"Owning Model S has sold thousands of copies for owners and prospective owners who want a reasonably detailed description of the car and its features. The book does describe autopilot and Model S software. However, it’s impossible for any book to keep pace with the Tesla’s ever-changing features and software environment for the Model S.

If you need a “detailed” and highly technical description of autopilot features (which seem to change monthly) and/or the current version(s) of Model S software, we recommend spending some time of the various Model S forums. If you need a best-selling book that describes the Model S, its functions and features, we recommend Owning Model S."

I think a book will never be up-to-date because the publisher couldn't keep up; they're right that the forums are better places for current information. The book is probably useful for prospective owners.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts