Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. We currently have a Skoda Superb estate which has a huge boot and plenty of room for a dog ‘ cage’ for our border collie. I can’t find the exact internal dimensions of the e-Niro boot - can anyone help with that? The current cage is 26 inches in length and 23 high. We’re keen to buy an e-Niro and will arrange a test drive as long as we know the dog can be safe and snug in the boot! Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
The boot (as delivered with the floor panel installed) is 26 inches high, 41 inches wide, 30 inches deep (from the bottom of the back seats to the boot catch). Of course, the top of the back seats lean into the boot and the boot lid also slopes into the boot a little so probably worth dropping in and asking to test the cage in a demonstator to be sure.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the information about dimensions . It looks like our existing cage may just fit but will do as you suggest and take it with us to try. The slope backwards of the rear seat might be an issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We have a smallIsh dog and need a cage for the short journeys as she's too filthy after a winter dog walk to be allowed inside.

I took out all that plastic/foam stuff and lowered the floor with 9mm MDF. A new sloping dog cage fits nicely under the boot roller. Need to seal the MDF and cover with vehicle fabric, but very pleased so far.

20201212_145803.jpg 20201212_145647.jpg 20201212_145555.jpg 20201212_105108.jpg 20201212_145634.jpg 20201212_140830.jpg e 20201212_145647.jpg 20201212_145555.jpg 20201212_105108.jpg 20201212_145634.jpg
The floor print of the new cage is slighly bigger than our old one however the sloping sides make it much better to fit against the rear seat and boot door. Still loads of space in the boot.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Great job in lowering the boot floor. Would you happen to have a template of the MDF floor?

·
Registered
E-Niro 64kWh '4' since 22/9/20 (was Prius)
551 Posts
Great job in lowering the boot floor. Would you happen to have a template of the MDF floor?
I thought I’d seen a YouTube somewhere showing simple lowering of the existing boot floor without need to make a new one? Did I dream it? I can’t try it as I have a full size spare under there now.
Also, regarding the boot roll cover, that often gets in the way. it is easily removed. I’ve left mine out completely for convenience. The tinted rear windows pretty much hide stuff in the boot anyway.
Peter

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry, I have no template as I made it up as I went along. Luckily 3 sides of the boot are straight lines and the total width is constant. I found it best to build 2 sections - front and back.
If you're local to Newcastle you are welcome to take a look.

I think that I will varnish to seal the MDF and then cut large a piece of rubber the fit over the whole lot. I can't see me needing the stuff in the spare wheel well very often.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am considering buying an e-niro and the reviews were all positive about the boot space but when I went to see one I was disappointed. The car looks quite a bit smaller than the Sportage and I am not sure you would be able to fit a large dog in the boot. I guess if we aren't travelling with the dog we can use a cargo box for luggage but I think I will wait for an electric version of the Sportage. Anyone else a bit disappointed with the boot size?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts