Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a little embarrassing as I have had the car two years and never noticed. For the first time last weekend I wanted something from the boot and it was dark. In the past its never been a problem as there was always lighting around and I never noticed that the boot light was not working. I decided to investigate, the light is released by carefully inserting a screwdriver or similar implement on the short side of the light nearest the front of the car and prising it off. But when I had released it from it mount point I immediately saw the issue. There was no cable attached to the lamp.

Would someone take a look at theirs and let me know where the cable comes from with respect to the wiring loom as I tried to locate a loose plug but found nothing.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Just looked at mine Ray. The connecting wire seems to come from forward of the lamp unit, I.e. from behind the rear seat. If I remove the cover of the 'cubbyhole' rearward of the lamp and put my hand in round the back I can grab the cable that goes to the lamp. Hopefully yours is hanging somewhere in there behind the trim..

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks a lot Mike - after a bit of fiddling I found the cable and when I had it unhooked from something down that dark hole I plugged it into the light and now it works - horray. It even goes out when I close the boot lid!:D:D:D:D:D:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts