Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a boot-liner https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006FXLP28/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 that fits the MS pretty well; it's the only one I could find that is big enough. It's pretty tough and therefore suitable for dogs. It is supported at the front by loops round the headrests and the sides are held by self-adhesive velcro strips. It has a flap that comes over the bumper. Because of the compartments at the back of the boot, the rear ends of the liner are not secured but makes it easier to get at whatever's in the compartments. There is a hidden benefit to the liner - because the seat-backs slope and the liner drops vertically, there is a hidden space behind it.

Attachments

·
schlussel
387 Posts
Here is a boot-liner https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006FXLP28/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 that fits the MS pretty well; it's the only one I could find that is big enough. It's pretty tough and therefore suitable for dogs. It is supported at the front by loops round the headrests and the sides are held by self-adhesive velcro strips. It has a flap that comes over the bumper. Because of the compartments at the back of the boot, the rear ends of the liner are not secured but makes it easier to get at whatever's in the compartments. There is a hidden benefit to the liner - because the seat-backs slope and the liner drops vertically, there is a hidden space behind it.
Thought the Tesla boot was 150x112 (104 between struts). Isn't this one, at 106x97, too small?

I have been struggling to find one the right size that is not £100+

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
The Rhino liners are the ones all the Tesla owners on TOGUK get. I'm just about to order mine but can't decide on colour, prob just default to black :)

Note: one of the Tesla owners took his car in to Rhino for them to measure so they now have a template specifically for the Model S. Gets my vote.

Note 2: a lot more than £10 though!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thought the Tesla boot was 150x112 (104 between struts). Isn't this one, at 106x97, too small?

I have been struggling to find one the right size that is not £100+
Well, it doesn't fit perfectly, as I said, but for £10 it does well enough; I'll attach a pic. I have found, though, that the velcro strips along its top edge don't work because their self-adhesive tape doesn't stick to the boot-sides or seat-backs; I've tried some supposedly stronger tape but that didn't stick either. It's probably not fair to expect it to when the liner is being disturbed by dogs all the time. I even stapled the liner to the boot but they pulled out. However, the liner has kept most of the muck off the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Rhino liners are the ones all the Tesla owners on TOGUK get. I'm just about to order mine but can't decide on colour, prob just default to black :)

Note: one of the Tesla owners took his car in to Rhino for them to measure so they now have a template specifically for the Model S. Gets my vote.

Note 2: a lot more than £10 though!
Yes, that's where I found it; I did try Rhino originally but they didn't have it then. Decent of whoever it was to get his car measured. I think black's best - doesn't show the muck as badly as others, so you have to clean it less often, perhaps!

·
schlussel
387 Posts
Well, it doesn't fit perfectly, as I said, but for £10 it does well enough; I'll attach a pic. I have found, though, that the velcro strips along its top edge don't work because their self-adhesive tape doesn't stick to the boot-sides or seat-backs; I've tried some supposedly stronger tape but that didn't stick either. It's probably not fair to expect it to when the liner is being disturbed by dogs all the time. I even stapled the liner to the boot but they pulled out. However, the liner has kept most of the muck off the car.
Well if anything that looks almost too big in the picture. As you say, for a tenner....

Is the one in the picture, and the one in your Amazon link, the same one? If so, it's a no brainer for me (I meant the decision, not the physiology).

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
To be fair for the extra money I'm getting 60/40 split seat, zip-through for very long loads, side protection, boot lid protection and side zips for rear passenger door access so there's a fair bit more going on. May well be more durable material as well.

Problem is The Wife has spotted it and wants one for her Leaf now - yes, they do that too :rolleyes:

·
schlussel
387 Posts
Buying one for SWMBO makes buying one for yourself SO much easier I find.

Reactions: GreyDad

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well if anything that looks almost too big in the picture. As you say, for a tenner....

Is the one in the picture, and the one in your Amazon link, the same one? If so, it's a no brainer for me (I meant the decision, not the physiology).
Yes, it's the same. It looks baggy because it isn't exactly the right shape.

By the way, do you happen to know of an Iain M who lives in North Yorkshire? My daughter lives there and I want to know the best strategy for charging up there - the A1 is badly served for SCs.

·
schlussel
387 Posts
Wow, well it's deffo for me.

Alas I don't know an Iain M in Yorkshire, so not much help i'm afraid. We are coming down in a couple of months and planning on using Washington and Leeds.

·
schlussel
387 Posts
Huh, the free P&P only applies to orders over £20. Postage £3.96!! Ooh err. Now costs £14.74. Thought it was too good to be true. :rolleyes:

·
schlussel
387 Posts
Sounds like a plan. Thanks. I thought for a minute you were suggesting stapling them to the seat! But then I got it. Phew!

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
I thought that too - I was so shocked I didn't even comment :eek:

Reactions: Iain Mackie

·
schlussel
387 Posts
Ha! The 396p postage was money well spent. It has just arrived. Just need to get the superglue ready to stick it to the rear seats. Hmmmmmm.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Nailgun, avoid any sticky residue

1 - 20 of 22 Posts