Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a voucher to spend on accessories/parts from Vauxhall that had to be used before it got lost. I ended up buying the boot mat and cargo/storage net but as per usual with Vauxhall their descriptions left a bit to be desired.
The boot mat is a pretty substantial bit of rubber (added weight is not really ideal), however it does not go completed side to side, there being a little gap all around. Deep ridges will make sure that any sand, dust etc and any dampness/moisture on wellies/boots/jackets etc will not get as far as the carpet and should be easily vacuumed out when the need arises. The website mentions that it should protect the bumper but in fact there is no additional flap to unfold over the bumper as you load and unload.
The cargo net is dual purpose, it can be used as shown on the website as 'pocket' net stretched across the back of the boot behind the tail lights, with part of the elasticated webbing having loops to go over the button pegs at each side and clips to attach it to the tie -down loops on the back panel at floor level. Each side of this folded net can be unzipped to make flat cargo net which can then be clipped to the four tie-down loops at floor level.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I also bought the cargo net about a year ago and find it very useful in the side to side pocket mode you describe - I've not used it as a boot floor cargo net yet. I debated the boot mat at the time but wasn't sure without seeing it. Can you post photos if you have time?

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay might need some help here, I have the photos on Flickr, I clicked on the 'Image' icon and inserted the image url from Flickr, any suggestions?

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Click the pin... there will be a url bbcode there looking like this:

Code:
[url=http://flic.kr/p/iQivCK][img]http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3673/11704673455_e9a99d70eb.jpg[/img][/url]
Copy that and paste it in and that should do it.

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Paul but I can't find a pin pin anywhere om Flickr. I can see an icon for 'share' and this has 3 options:-
'Share this via'... and a selection of social media
'Grab the link'
'Grab the HTML/BBCode'
I tried the last one but the code comes up as the following:-

<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/12116131396/player/1b4872e162" height="283" width="500" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm not sure if you will see the same as me from this URL
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/12116131396/

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Using the HTML/BBCode I still end up with just an icon showing so I have added the photographs. Hope this is okay?
If it ends up being too large just delete it and I can send direct to whoever wants to see them.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
No photos for me... just icons
Those icons link to the actual flickr album pages, so a workaround for now is right click then "open image in new tab" and you can browse the images.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts

This is me using the pin... the pin is on the new format... are you perhaps still using the old format?

I would have thought that the HTML/BBcode is the one.

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not honestly sure of the format, I just went to Flickr but noticed it took me to BT Yahoo to log in and then could not find Flickr so ended up just going through my browser history.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
I assume you are a BT Internet customer? If so then your Flickr account uses your btinternet.com id as the log in as you get free increased storage account on Flickr.

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes BT customer and although I think I have had a Flickr account for a while I have only recently tried using it. It could be that BT have their own version of Flickr which is slightly different to the 'standard'.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Using the HTML/BBCode I still end up with just an icon showing so I have added the photographs. Hope this is okay?
If it ends up being too large just delete it and I can send direct to whoever wants to see them.
Thats fine, good pictures, many thanks. Boot mat looks fine, I may buy one.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Ah - no I wont - not at 73 quid! (just looked) :eek:

·
Registered
283 Posts
But at £28 (?) the cargo net looks a good buy (just been posting on Volt Armrest thread about concerns re objects flying forward). So in theory you could buy 2 - pocket and flat ?
Thanks for pictures !
HOLD ON ! You've got a boot light ?!!

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Another net would do to stop items coming through between the seats but I am looking for something that will also stop stuff in the boot from being seen through the gap between the seats. Come the better weather I will dabble with a few ideas I have and get something attached to the child seat anchors on the back of the rear seats.
Boot light yes, maybe that is why the Volt was a wee bit cheaper.
Also worth pointing out is that if your car is the newer version with the rear centre armrest then the 'Rear Seat Close-out Panel' will not fit as the armrest is in the way of the built in 'soft' storage pocket. Raising the panel up to clear the armrest just means that the top is above the level of the seat backrests.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts