Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Been thinking about this after reading some reviews from various countries. Here in Sweden the boot is listed as 451 liter capacity, same as in the UK. When I was shopping for mine I got all excited reading about how to "reclaim" additional volume only to be confounded when I got the car and it turns out the ones sold in Sweden do not have the higher level floor most markets get but a lower one with a single "layer" below. Coming from a car with similar boot volume 451 liter seems about right, which makes me wonder if Kia is overstating it for other markets. If it was measured differently (e.g. all the way to the roof) I doubt it would land on exactly the same number, so what's up with this? Do you guys in the UK really get the 451 liter claimed?

·
Registered
2021 Kia E-Niro 64kWh 4+
3 Posts
With the false floor in place it is definitely not 451 litres. With it removed I'd say that figure will be about right. In my view you definitely got the better deal, to make my boot usable I have to mess around making a new floor panel to fit where all that plastic stuff currently lives!

As far as the quoted figures go, it's all about how it's measured; certain markets (such as yours and mine) measure the volume up to the level of the load cover or parcel shelf, whilst others (USA, I think?) measure right up to roof level, which gives an inflated figure.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seems like it's a bit misleading if Kia UK claims 451 liters, with part of it being taken up by foam storage compartments underneath. But you ought to be able to order the parts used here in Sweden (as well as Norway) and get an OEM fit right?

·
Registered
137 Posts
I believe some manufacturers do quote a volumetric figure measured to the roof.

Eg Jaguar I-Pace. This meant that the I-Pace (on paper) was showing v similar boot capacity to my current car at the time (Audi A6 Avant). When I viewed the I—Pace ‘in the flesh’ i immediately knew that it was wrong. I eventually went for the Audi Etron to get the genuinely bigger boot.

Friend who works at Jaguar Landrover told me that he thought their method of measuring capacity to roof comes from when their landrovers had no parcel shelves.

conclusion for me: don’t rely on figures quoted

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, should Kia use the measurement to the roof in the UK for some reason I doubt they'd arrived at exactly the same 451 liter volume. I think someone just screwed up and put the same specifications on all markets despite the differences.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Seems like it's a bit misleading if Kia UK claims 451 liters, with part of it being taken up by foam storage compartments underneath. But you ought to be able to order the parts used here in Sweden (as well as Norway) and get an OEM fit right?
Could you check what is the code/model number of your bottom layer?
And out of curiosity, is your car 2020/ 2021 model?

Finland is also getting the high floor versions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts