Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just paid my deposit and ordered an E-Niro to replace my I3. Hopefully I will get it it before the world ends!

What [email protected] me off a bit was the lack of choice of colours

Do they think EV drivers are so boring that all they want is Grey, Grey, Black, Very dark blue (almost black) and White?

Why don't they offer their full range of colours (which aren't that interesting to be honest) across the entire range?

PS - I went for White! ?

·
Registered
24 Posts
We weren't too impressed with the choice of colours - we settled for blue. Mind you we are on our second Prius where the choice is pretty well silver or silver. You see precious few on the road that are any other colour.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I have just paid my deposit and ordered an E-Niro to replace my I3. Hopefully I will get it it before the world ends!

What [email protected] me off a bit was the lack of choice of colours

Do they think EV drivers are so boring that all they want is Grey, Grey, Black, Very dark blue (almost black) and White?

Why don't they offer their full range of colours (which aren't that interesting to be honest) across the entire range?

PS - I went for White! ?
because they can sell everyone they make so why complicate for the manufacturers this will change eventually

·
Registered
565 Posts
I seem to recall someone had one of those wrap thingy (the technical term?) done which turned theirs into yellow. The colours are boring, the car is not a beauty, but it is still a fantastic EV.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Agreed, the colours are extremely boring.

In Germany you can buy a Red e-Niro, but Kia UK must have decided we are all too boring for that.

The Hyundai Kona Electric, 90% the same car, has much more interesting colours. Its odd that Hyundai's marketing team went for bright colours and Kia went for dark.

It was me that had the wrap done. Bright yellow. I love it : D

·
Registered
12 Posts
When I ordered a 2020 model in December my uk dealer gave me a choice of colours which included red.
I chose gravity blue.
Maybe my dealer was wrong but it might be wise to double check with yours...

·
Registered
2019 Kia Niro EV, 2017 Jaguar F-Type SVR
5 Posts
I like light colored cars. My first choice was white, but my dealer didn't have a white one equipped as I wanted. I ended up with a dark blue. Wouldn't you know it, five days later he got a white one just like I wanted.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts