Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having watched the fullycharged show advertorial about Bosch's current developments, it got me thinking about conversions. This is more of a question for the pros here, such as @Grumpy-b and @Mike Schooling but whilst it is unlikely that Bosch will sell these systems direct to the consumer, do you think they might sell them to companies like yours to fit into conversions? And if they do, do you think it will be any better/cheaper than the way you currently go about conversions?

For another way of putting it, if it's even possible, do you think it would work out about the same cost to buy a dead cappuccino/smart and stick one of these systems in compared to buying an e.Go as a new car given that it's probably kinder on the world to use a car that already exists rather than build a new one.

Link for anyone that hasn't seen said video:

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Its really hard to get OEMS to sell stuff. I tried to get a really nice Reduction box thats sold in relatively small quantities . But to no avail.
The problem is that the Motor and its inverter are so heavily integrated into the main vehicles systems that the are really complex (Not impossibe) to decode all the Can signals and build systems to replicate them .
I was impressed by the neat little Bosch unit used on the Peugeot 3008 hybrid (4 x 4) . A really compact and adaptable unit.
As for cappuchino, they are really hard to find and prices are on the rise. I have looked at doing a Mitsubishi Copen, they are newer and more readily available and could be converted fairly easily.
A good source of conversion kit is the Citroen C1s that I support, they use a std US Made HPEVS motor and a Curtis controller coupled with a 25 cell 160ah pack. If anyone wants to do a Copen (Or a Fiat 500, I really want to do a classic 500) I have a C1 coming in that I will be selling at a quick turn around price of £3k with a shot motor coupling, or £3.5k with the coupling replaced.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts