Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
ID.4 First Edition 77Kw
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In summary - my ID.4 - lovely car to drive etc ... (you may have seen my positive comments, and a few dislikes) - has been continually "lighting up like an Xmas tree" ... with Electrical Drive Faults, the ACC throws up random braking red lights, the speed display blinks yellow/cyan, and it seams to be "Getting through" coolant, and plastic trim on the door is "popping off" ...

Just over 2 weeks old, and a-few hundred miles - not wildly impressed (as I'm sure anyone with a £40k car, wouldn't be either) .. hence it's now in the local dealers to be "Looked at" ... I would add they have been courteous / helpful.

So now I have an ID.3 pro loan car ... I did test drive the FE last year, end of the summer. My impressions / comparisons - (might help someone if they were looking to know understand any differences).

Good
  • It has a glass roof, which is nice
  • Has wireless phone charging (even pops a message on the infotainment to tell you it's charging)
  • Accelerates slightly faster than my ID.4 (obvious given the battery is smaller / it's a lighter car!)

The Bad/Weird (Sorry if I upset anyone)
  • The plastic trim inside is defiantly lower spec, lean on the door by the window and it's hard plastic
  • It lacks heated front window, doesn't appear to have any air vents for rear passengers
  • Plastic wheel trims, seats lower spec not as sculptured in design. I understand it might not have rear speakers
  • The battery, significantly smaller - less than 200 mile range.

Anyway - lets see how long it takes for mine to be fixed !

·
Registered
Volkswagen ID.4 (plus a '72 camper and a '67 GP Spyder - not electric)
13 Posts
I was given a loan ID.3 when the ID.4 was delayed - I really liked it - I have the ID.4 now, but only just... The 3 had a few other features which seem to be missing on the 4 - like the convenience unlocking (didn't need to press the button), which is odd as the 4 is far more expensive.

·
Registered
'18 Zoe ZE 40 R110 + '21 VW ID.4 1st
538 Posts
plastic trim on the door is "popping off" ...
I really hope they fix your ID.4 quickly. I haven't had any issues with mine yet, but your posts have made me a bit wary. I noticed today the panel gaps in ceeratin spots - base of the side doors, and the center of the boot door - are not flush at all. I can't tell whether that is intended or not, though... Anyone else see the same thing?

·
Registered
ID.4 First Edition 77Kw
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
With my ID4, the issues with the barrage of errors and the display frequently lighting up like an Xmas tree and alarms going off have distracted me from checking for panel gaps.... the plastic trim on the drivers door clearly isn't stuck down properly, press it and it just pops off...!

I'll be checking panel gaps when I get it back !

·
Registered
ID.4 First Edition
119 Posts
Mine's going in tomorrow to have some very minor cosmetic issues looked at. A bit of trim that's not flush, same with one of the door rubbers, and a teeny tiny crack in a bit of the glossy surround of the rear window. I think I've got off lightly compared to you guys but even so it's all stuff I want fixed on my £40K car. The dealer's been great so far at least, and I suppose some issues are to be expected when they're rushing an initial batch off the production line, but still... It's not really what you expect from German engineering.

·
Banned
367 Posts
Hi,

Can you confirm that the drive fault has reappeared despite that the "errors were cleared", as we discussed in the other thread?

Any other owners experiencing similar issues?

I feel for you, I hope that they get it fixed soon.
Or else reject the car and reconsider your options.

For that kind of money, you should be able to just get in and drive without any concerns whatsoever.

·
Registered
89 Posts
In summary - my ID.4 - lovely car to drive etc ... (you may have seen my positive comments, and a few dislikes) - has been continually "lighting up like an Xmas tree" ... with Electrical Drive Faults, the ACC throws up random braking red lights, the speed display blinks yellow/cyan, and it seams to be "Getting through" coolant, and plastic trim on the door is "popping off" ...

Just over 2 weeks old, and a-few hundred miles - not wildly impressed (as I'm sure anyone with a £40k car, wouldn't be either) .. hence it's now in the local dealers to be "Looked at" ... I would add they have been courteous / helpful.

So now I have an ID.3 pro loan car ... I did test drive the FE last year, end of the summer. My impressions / comparisons - (might help someone if they were looking to know understand any differences).

Good
  • It has a glass roof, which is nice
  • Has wireless phone charging (even pops a message on the infotainment to tell you it's charging)
  • Accelerates slightly faster than my ID.4 (obvious given the battery is smaller / it's a lighter car!)

The Bad/Weird (Sorry if I upset anyone)
  • The plastic trim inside is defiantly lower spec, lean on the door by the window and it's hard plastic
  • It lacks heated front window, doesn't appear to have any air vents for rear passengers
  • Plastic wheel trims, seats lower spec not as sculptured in design. I understand it might not have rear speakers
  • The battery, significantly smaller - less than 200 mile range.

Anyway - lets see how long it takes for mine to be fixed !
Hope all goes well, I consider myself lucky I have had a couple of very minor issues but nothing like yourself. So far so good just covered over 1000 miles in two weeks hopefully you will get yours back soon so you can enjoy the car.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problems LS99 - did you order local to you? The reason I am asking my dealer is in Kent and I'm in Glasgow. I know that you can use the manufacture network to have things repaired under warranty but how likely are they to provide a courtesy car etc if they are fixing a car they didn't sell?

Hopefully you get things sorted quickly!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts