Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I recently bought a Q90 Zoe second hand from a Renault dealership, which was advertised as Q90 but Churchill insurance site says it's the R90 version!!

How can I check for sure what version it is? Surely there must be something in the car that especifies if it has quick charge or not?

I haven't tested the car on a fast charger yet so don't know which version it is. But not even sure if I'd be able to tell since car and chargers don't say at what speed it's charging at :(

I trav6 a long way yo get a Q90 and I'm feeling stressed and cheated but can someone help find out for sure which version I got? I'd much appreciated.

·
Registered
36 Posts
If you open the bonnet and look at the motor/inverter stack (where you would expect to find the "engine") the Q90 version will have a big cast aluminium block whereas the R90 will have a black plastic cover over all the components. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
36 Posts

If you look at the third post down on this topic, they have helpfully posted pictures.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

If you look at the third post down on this topic, they have helpfully posted pictures.
The pictures are from the smaller battery Zoes. Does it also apply to the ZE40s?

If so mine definitely doesn't have the cast aluminium box! Argh, I'm so angry. I travelled 3 hours to see this car and then pick it up :mad:

I wish I had done my research before and not trust the dealership.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The pictures are from the smaller batter Zoes. Does it also apply to the ZE40s?

If so mine definitely doesn't have the cast aluminium box! Argh, I'm so angry. I travelled 3 hours to see this car and then pick it up :mad:

I'm pretty sure it's the same story for both the ZE22 and ZE40, I only have the ZE22 though so perhaps someone else can chip in. If it was advertised as a Q90 then you are within your rights to return the car, can appreciate the hassle involved though...

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
17,777 Posts
The pictures are from the smaller battery Zoes. Does it also apply to the ZE40s?

Does it have any labels inside the door pillars?

If it’s black plastic under the bonnet, then certainly it is an R90.

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,212 Posts
If it's a main renault dealer they should know what they're selling. It's all too common. God knows how trading standards haven't prosecuted lots of them for failing to understand when a car is battery lease or the Q or R model. It's all too convenient that they say it's the more desirable model and it turns out not to be the case.

If you specified the Q and got the R you should be ripping them a new one. If it is the R then reject it immediately and make them collect it from you and pay your expenses due to their incompetence.

Short-term right to reject – the first 30 days

If your new or used car has a significant fault that was present when you bought it (as opposed to developing afterwards), you can reject the car within the first 30 days and get a full refund.

You do not have to accept a repair or replacement vehicle (although you can if you want to).

If you have part-exchanged your previous car on the new one, you will not get it back. Instead, you will be entitled to the full invoice price of the car (including road tax, VAT, etc).

You are entitled to a full refund by the same method in which you paid for the car. The dealer cannot charge for usage, wear and tear, collection of the vehicle or anything else.

It is the dealer’s obligation to collect the vehicle, unless your sales contract includes a clause obliging you to return the car. You only have to make sure the car is available to collect.

Be reasonable about this and work with the dealer if you want to get your money back with minimal fuss. Make their lives difficult and you can be sure they will return the favour…

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm trying to upload a picture of the open bonet of my car but the site says "oops, ran into some problems".How helpful!

I need to be 100% sure before confronting the dealership.

Attachments

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
17,777 Posts
Check out this thread:

But yes, looks like you have an R90.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
By the way, I have a screenshot of the advert. And I specifically told the dealer several times I was looking for a Q90 version since those have quick charge. He had 5 Zoes on the forecourt and pointed me to this one, which I had enquired about and another blue Zoe which were Q90s. The blue zoe was slightly cheaper but while test driving it I noticed the front glass had been shoddily replaced. So opted for the one I got.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,212 Posts
Check the registration on autotrader and a few other vehicle check sites. If they all come back as an R then you've been had.

Did you want battery owned or leased? If it was owned then you want to check that with RCI that it actually is.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
17,777 Posts
So advertised wrong on both counts then, as that’s very cheap for a battery owned car.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's a battery lease car, that I knew as the price couldn't account for owned battery. I should have taken that as a clue that they didn't know what they were doing. Argh, what a waste of time.

I'm still wondering if it's worth doing a long trip to drain the battery and test a quick charger for definite empirical proof.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Check the registration on autotrader and a few other vehicle check sites. If they all come back as an R then you've been had.

Did you want battery owned or leased? If it was owned then you want to check that with RCI that it actually is.
I wanted a lease battery, so that's fine.

Autotrader doesn't have motor version details. It just knows it's a Zoe ZE40 grey and year.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
17,777 Posts
It's a battery lease car, that I knew as the price couldn't account for owned battery. I should have taken that as a clue that they didn't know what they were doing. Argh, what a waste of time.

I'm still wondering if it's worth doing a long trip to drain the battery and test a quick charger for definite empirical proof.
The advert says ‘i’ which means battery owned. Or was it spelt out elsewhere in the ad that it was battery leased?

·
Premium Member
11,458 Posts
The Autotrader VALUATION tool will tells you if registered as Q90, but is probably using same data as your insurance company.
Has anyone confirmed from your photo it isn't a Q90?

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
The advert says ‘i’ which means battery owned. Or was it spelt out elsewhere in the ad that it was battery leased?
Looks like it's Holdcroft Renualt, who like Bristol Street Motors always have the 'i' in the the model....they proclaim it'a always a mistake, but I remain skeptical given it's been nearly 2years now....
Of course myself and @srichards know all too well just how incompetent that particular dealership is, so I sympathise with the OP.

If it's any consolation, the Q90 doesn't amount to a huge difference in real world time difference (around 20mins time saving from 10-80% from what I remember?). Unless you have a very specific use case for wanting a Q90, perhaps just pursue a some money back?

·
Premium Member
11,458 Posts
Prices on used R90 have tumbled due to lots being traded in recently. As less common, prices on Q90 haven't dropped much and are now a lot more expensive. IMO just not worth it - some are £2K than R90!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The Autotrader VALUATION tool will tells you if registered as Q90, but is probably using same data as your insurance company.
Has anyone confirmed from your photo it isn't a Q90?
Autotrader valuation does say it's an R90. The vehicle check didn't have that info. Thanks for the tip.

So I guess I don't need to do drain the battery and actually quick charge to be sure?

1 - 20 of 86 Posts