Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Popped into Bournemouth today and we thought we might try a charging station. Found a Bournemouth council 13amp socket point in the Richmond hill Multi-story. Luckily the wife spotted it by the exit.
Got out our lead and found the socket locked behind a flap. A note mentioned pressing the help button on the ticket machines to be given a key.
First prob the ticket machines have been replaced and no help button. In fact the machines where causing a lot of problems even giving tickets.
By luck we found a man 3 floors down who wandered of to find some keys. On his return he asked if we recognised them? I explained we were new to this. He came to the car with us and we managed to get the car charging. We did move the car twice as he thought it would be good to hide the lead. We also had to fill in a form giving name, car type etc.
Next well he insisted on locking the box and asked us when we would be back? So that he could unlock it. This would be after his shift? Luckily he decided that it was not a problem.
So 20mins latter we wandered off to the shops. We could not go back early, we had lost 20mins of parking but we had met a very nice helpful employ of Bournemouth Council.
I am sorry this is all a bit of a joke how can it be so difficult. Why lock the door, why fill of forms. Is there an easier method.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Apparently at crystal in E16 you have to call security to open gates and let you in, but apparently it's offline for "essential testing" anyway so I haven't ventured along there to see how easy that is !

·
Registered
551 Posts
Yes that is a PIA charging spot.

NCP in nearby castle hill have a Polar (but costs more to park) .
I MUCH prefer Castle Point (ZCW), and several ZCW hotels in town centre - Always seem happy to help even non-guests.
If I have time I buy a sandwich or cup of tea.

also, Boscombe (Polar) or Waitrose in Poole (Polar free vend)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts